In Banana Accounting, various functions to manage the Customers register in a simple and optimal way are available. The customer database can be set both in double-entry accounting (also with VAT and Multi-currency) and in the Cash Manager (Categories table) and in the Income / Expense accounting. This flexibility allows all users to set up a customer ledger for any type of accounting.
The settings of the customer data include both the management of the turnover and that of the collected. You can also manage customer accounts in foreign currencies.
Similar to Excel
Banana Accounting is based on tables like in Excel, but everything is set up for accounting and there is no need to enter formulas or make calculations.
- All customer data that you enter in the tables is always displayed and at your fingertips.
- You work quickly because you can select, copy and paste customer transactions already entered previously.
- If you make a mistake, you can correct by canceling or redoing the operations.
- Add as many rows as you want without limits.
- With the Find and Replace function correct in an instant.
- You can print all the data on the screen or export them to PDF or other formats.
- You can set your company logo to customize print headers in documents to send to customers.
- The columns are customizable, you can change their position, add new ones and change their width.
- Work with the format that suits you best.
- Color the rows to quickly locate customer records that you need to review, have the accountant check, or complete.
Based on tables
The settings and all customer transactions are available in the following tables:
- Accounts table
This is the table where you set up the customer database. You can group multiple accounts together to have the totals of the distinct amounts, such as a group to total domestic customers and a group to total foreign customers, or you can group them according to the category of goods or services sold. In the Accounts table you can see at a glance the updated balances for each customer and the total balances.
Find columns and functions to optimally set up your customer register:
- Manage customer addresses, with predefined columns that can be customized in the view menu.
- Enter the credit limit granted to the customer.
- Enter the number of days within which the collection must take place.
- Define the language for each customer account.
This allows you to view and print the documents (eg invoice) in their language.
- When you start a new accounting, enter the balances directly in the Opening column of the Accounts table.
In subsequent years, the carryover of balances is automatic.
- Balances, account movements and totals displayed at the same time and always updated.
- Transactions table
This is the table where all customer movements are recorded, as well as all other movements of a different nature. You can insert digital documents (for example the invoice issued to the customer, or annotations in pdf). To quickly post the receipts you can import them from your bank, postal or credit card account. Scrolling the table you have a complete view of all the events. You can modify and correct to always have a perfect accounting.
- You can insert single or composite recordings. Register single ones on a single row, while composite ones allow you to easily record transactions that affect multiple accounts or that have different VAT rates.
- You can register with the Effective Method or the Flat Rate Method.
- When you register, texts already entered are suggested. One click is sufficient to complete the registration (auto-completion).
- Quantity and price columns, for invoicing or cost control.
Additional tables that support additional functionalities, can be added .
- Budget table
Used to prepare financial budgets. You can enter the forecasts of your customers and have the liquidity projection in an instant.
- VAT Code table
To set up the necessary rates and parameters to be used in the Transactions table for automatic VAT calculation and reports to be submitted to the tax authorities.
- Items table
To set up a list of items to use for billing your customers.
- For invoices and with integrated warehouse or securities management.
- Link items to transactions in the Transactions table.
- Automatic update of incoming and outgoing transactions.
- Initial and final value.
- Adding more columns.
- Free tables
To meet further needs
Banana Accounting provides accounting plans templates with pre-defined customer register settings.
There are two categories of templates:
Just open the template and customize it, inserting your own accounts, changing the description or deleting unneeded accounts and you can instantly go to the registration of transactions.
Invoices to customers
- Function that can be activated at choice (using the invoice number column in the posting table)
- Invoice entry directly in the Transactions table.
- It requires the setting up of the customer database.
- Entering invoice data as normal journal rows.
- Column to indicate quantities and prices.
- With or without VAT.
- Possibility of modification, correction.
- Printing of the single invoice with a click or of several invoices together.
- Choice of different print layouts.
- Customization of the invoice according to your preferences.
- Exports in digital format via extensions.
- Customizable calls with extensions.
- Customizable customer account statements with extensions.
- Control of invoices and payment of customers.
- Create groups and totals for customers in different groups.
- Invoices open per customer or entire base.
- Customer movement account statement and open invoices.
- Automatic reconciliation, open invoices.
- Customer management also as cost centers (on a cash basis).
- If you need to create a quote you can activate the function by adding the Budget table.
- You work without difficulty with the same methodology you are already used to, based on the double entry method.
- Complete and detailed financial forecasts of your customers.
- Forecasts of your customers in the financial statements.
- Automatic projections over several years.
- Forecast values available in accounting printouts:
- Account card with forecast movements by account or group of your customers.
In addition to accounting, you can set your forecasts with customer management, using the powerful management approach Plan - Execute - Control.
- Reports with final data and budgets with indication of the deviations.
- Free arrangement with groups and subgroups.
- Updated results visible directly in the accounts table.
- Customizable prints:
- Add your own logo.
- Choice of columns to include.
- Choice of sections to include.
- Detailed or grouped print.
- Prints for one period only.
- Columns broken down by period (month, quarter, semester, year).
- Previous year values.
- Comparison Budget Value.
- Columns with subdivision by segment.
- Added notes attached.
- Grouping as in the chart of accounts or according to its own scheme.
- Saving the customization.
- Tabular report (similar to customizable printouts, but with the data present in the table).
- Export to pdf for data storage and export to other formats for data re-processing.
Other accounting printouts
- Table contents printable entirely or also printed by selection only.
- Add your own logo for customization of your customers' documents and prints.
- Account cards with account movements and groups of your customers:
- With accounting or budget transactions.
- By period.
- By Account, Group, Cost Center or Segment.
- Accounting or budget data.
- Customizable column arrangement.
- Export to pdf or other formats.
- Contextual, at the bottom of the table.
- Several provisions.
- Evolution of accounts and groups.
- Accounting values.
- Previous year.
- Choice of chart type.
Closing and new year
- Automated procedure to create the new year file.
- Carryover of balances into the new year
- You can start working on the new year, even if the previous one has not been closed.
- Command to resume definitive balances when the previous year was closed.
Data export and storage
- Copy and paste directly into and from Excel.
- Export tables in pdf and various other formats.
- Archiving of printouts and accounting data in pdf or other formats.
- Saving of the accounting file on any support.
Other Additional Tables
- Adding other tables where you can enter notes or other information.
- Tables can be customized by adding columns to them.
- Predefined extensions for various prints and other features.
- Quick search and installation.
- Customizable extensions.
- Automatic update.
- Ability to create and install your own local extensions.
- Each dialog and error has its own documentation page accessible with one click.
- Constantly updated documentation.
- Questions and answers.
- Documentation also available in PDF format.