Banana Accounting Plus provides several ways to import transactions or other data to speed up and automate bookkeeping.
Importing and completing bank transactions
This is the functionality that allows you to keep your accounting quickly:
- Import bank transactions into your accounting file (Professional plan)
The programme creates the entries with date, description, amount, account and exchange rate. Additional data such as the counterpart must be completed by hand.
- Complete the transactions by using the Auto-completion rules (Advanced plan)
The counterpart, VAT code, cost centres and other information you have specified are also added.
You can always edit and further complete your entries.
Bank transactions import formats
- Banana Accounting Plus reads the transactions in different formats. Visit the Import transactions page.
- Thanks to the customised Import Extensions, you can import data from various bank statements and other standard programmes. Some extensions are only available in the Advanced plan.
Other commands for importing data
Banana Accounting Plus provides different ways to import data:
- Import into Accounting
You can import in any table and from different formats.
- Import Rows
All tables allow the import of data from the CSV format.
- Copy and paste from Excel or other programmes.
You can prepare movements or other data in an Excel table and copy and paste them in bulk into the Transactions table or any other table.
Manual completion and undo import
Once movements or other data have been imported, you can easily complete and edit them. This makes it very easy to automate processes, because if there are unforeseen exceptions, you can edit the data directly.
Like all commands, the import command can also be undone. So you can easily try importing the data and see if it works as expected. If you have not chosen the right format or have not set the parameters correctly, simply Undo the import and do it again.