Below we will explain some very important features and settings to best manage your customers, to speed up the work and get the reports correctly.
- Displaying the Invoice column in the Transactions table
- Auto-complete of invoice data
- Extract invoice rows and Open invoice link commands
- Activating the Address columns (optional)
- Setting up the expiration date for invoices
- Setting up the Customers' parameters
If the Invoice column is not displayed in the Transactions table, it can be activated via the Data Menu → Columns setup → Invoice Doc column.
It is very important to enter the invoice number for various program automatism that concern the processing of the various reports and the closing of the amount in the customer card when the invoice is collected.
Access the invoice saved in pdf format by clicking on the cell in the Invoice column.
When a payment is being recorded or an issued invoice is being corrected, the program offers suggestions to complete the transaction automatically. Proceed as follows:
- Create a new transaction row and add the date and the eventual document number.
- Press the F2 key in the Invoice column :
- The list of still open invoices will appear. If you type an invoice number or a customer number, the list will be filtered according to the entered text.
- Select the invoice you want from the list and press Enter. The program will automatically complete the registration with the description, the debit or credit account and the amount. The data can of course also be changed manually.
- In addition to the date, it is also possible to indicate the customer account before pressing F2 to display the list of open invoices, in this case the list will be filtered with the customer account present in the transaction row.
The list displayed in the Invoice column includes both the Customers' and Suppliers' invoices. A supplier's invoice may have the same number as the invoice of another supplier, because the criterion for display takes into consideration the invoice number besides the Supplier's account number.
The Extract invoice rows command displays the transactions for the selected invoice.
The command is available by clicking on the small blue icon at the upper right corner of the cell or with the right mouse button.
The Open Invoice link command provides the text, as defined in the Customers' settings (Reports - Customers - Settings - Advanced - Link to the Invoice document).
On the command line, you can also indicate other columns in the table using their XML name.
If the message 'File with extension considered unsafe' appears, add the extension (for example .doc) using the Tools - Program options, Advanced, File extension command.
It is possible to add some specific columns in the Chart of Accounts, to insert the address and other customers data:
- Choose the Tools → Add new functionalities command from the menu
- Choose the Add addresses columns in the Accounts table command
(If you don't see this option in the list, it means that this function has already been activated).
In the Accounts table, the program will add :
- An Address view, where the added columns are made visible.
- The columns that allow the insertion of the address data and other information.
- To display one or more of these columns, use the Columns setup command from the Data menu.
- To create other views with only selected columns, use the Tables setup command (Data menu).
Select Accounts table, Address view and add the required information to the customers' accounts.
To set / modify invoice expiration dates, you may act on three levels, where higher priority is given to the first one. Expiration data will be displayed in the payments schedule and printed out on the invoice document.
1. level - setting the expiry date on an individual invoice
In the row of the Transactions table, where your invoice is entered, you will find an Date Exp. column when using the Due Date view. If a date is set up, it will have priority over dates set up on the 2nd or 3rd level.
2. level - setting the expiry date on an individual customer/supplier account
In order to set up an expiration date on a customer level, for example +20 days after issuance of the invoice, select the account in the Accounts table, using the Address view, go to the Days Column (PaymentTermInDays) to set up the number of days to be used.
3. level - general setup
Expiration dates applying to all Customers/Suppliers can be set up via menu Reports → Customers → Settings.
- Select the Reports → Customers → Settings command
- Please indicate the group of the Chart of Accounts in which the different customers' accounts are grouped in "Group or account".
- For an explanation of the different options, go to Customers and Suppliers settings.