The Items table is a kind of mini-warehouse integrated in accounting.
It is used to:
- Manage the list of products, with their prices.
- You can group products into groups.
- In the Transactions table, you enter the item and the programme takes up the description and price.
- If you enter the quantity in the Transactions table, the programme updates the current quantity in the items table.
To use the Items table you will need to:
- Add the Items table.
- Add the Items columns in the Transactions table.
- Display the Item column in the Transactions table via the Data menu →Columns setup.
The content of the Item column must be an item defined in the Items table.
Add Items table
The Items table is added from Tools → Add new functionalities → Add Items table.
In the Items table you may enter items, products and others. It may also be used as an inventory control, to some extent.
The default columns are as follows:
- Group: Generates the totals rows.
- Item: Item code.
- Description: Item description.
- Sum in: the group in which to total a set of items.
- Account: account used in the transactions.
- Currency: Currency to be used (for multi-currency accounting only).
- VATCode: VAT code to be used (for VAT accounting only).
- Unit: an abbreviation to define the type to which the quantity refers.
- Selling: Unit sale price.
- Cost: Unit cost price,
- Begin Qt.: initial quantity amount of the item
- Price Begin: the initial unit price of the item.
- Value Begin: the initial quantity multiplied by Price Begin.
- Current Qt.: current quantity, calculated by program, taking into account Begin Qt. and transactions of Item in Transactions table. The Quantity column of the Transactions table is being used.
- Price current: current Price of Item.
- Current value: current quantity multiplied by Current price.