Before contacting us, please verify if your question is one of the following:
- Is Banana Accounting 8 compatible with Apple macOS 10.12 "Sierra"?
Yes, the program is compatible from on version 8.0.4
- Is Banana Accounting 8 available for iOS?
At the moment, there is no Banana Accounting version available for iOS, but we are planning to release one in the future.
- Is Banana Accounting available for Android?
Yes, Banana for Android is available from on version 8.00.4. More information can be found on the Android page.
- How many mandates can be managed with Banana Accounting?
Banana Accounting has no limits on mandates. You can manage an unlimited number of mandates.
- I installed Banana Accounting 8 and the accounting file opens in the preceding version. What can I do?
Please follow the procedure on the page Associate .ac2 files with the most recent Banana version.
- When the Banana 8 Starter Edition is being installed, the Banana 8 icons become Banana 7. What can be done?
Open the Banana 8 files and in the Tools menu, Program Options, click on the button "Associate *.ac2 files to the program".
- Is there a multi-license version?
If your company needs several licenses, we can provide you with one single license key, just give us a call or contact us by email.
Discount of 10% when purchasing 20 or more licenses. For other quantities, please consult our price list.
- Transferring from one Operating System to another.
Besides the Windows version, Banana Accounting 8 exists also in a native version for Mac and Linux. Each version has its own license; therefore, Banana Accounting 8 cannot be installed on different Operating Systems with one single license key. Those who already have one or another Banana version, can buy version 8 for Windows, Mac and Linux at the upgrade price. As an alternative you can download and use for free the Beta version of Banana Accounting 9 (until April 30th 2018) and then purchase the full license of Banana Accounting 9.
- Is the Cash book free in version 8?
The Cash book is not free in version 8. It is included in the complete version that is for sale.
- How to convert from one accounting type unto another (for example, from an accounting without VAT to one with VAT)
It is possible to go from one type of accounting to another with the Convert to new file command from the Tools menu. The program creates a new file that should be saved under a new name. It maintains all the data that have already been entered and adds (or eliminates) the columns that are specific to the new accounting type.
- Does Banana Accounting manage the inventory?
Currently there are no modules to manage the inventory.
- Does Banana Accounting generate invoices?
From Banana Accounting 9 Beta, it is possible to manage the invoicing. However, some functions are still in a test phase.
- Banana Accounting needs to be reinstalled, but I can’t find my license key…
In case you still have access to the software, click on the Help menu-> Manage license keys and send us the registration code by email, with a request to receive your own license key once more. This is a service for which you will be charged.
- What should I do with my own data files when I update Banana Accounting?
Nothing: your data files are automatically updated when opened with a new version.
- Banana 8 and incompatible exchange rates from previous versions
When the basic currency is entered as the reference currency, the exchange rates with a multiplier greater than 1 can present calculation differences between Banana 8 and the previous versions.
To solve the problem, please consult our page Incompatible exchange rates from previous versions.
- Is it possible to import data from other accounting software?
Yes, just follow the instructions on this internet page: Transferring data from other accounting software.
- Can I install Banana Accounting on my laptop or on a second computer?
Installation on a laptop or on a second computer (with the same license key) is allowed as long as both computers belong to the same owner.
- Can I purchase with a credit card?
Yes it is possible to buy with a credit card. In order to buy from Switzerland, please connect to the page Purchase from Switzerland.
In order to buy from abroad with a credit card, please connect to the page Purchase from other nations.
- In the printout of the Enhanced Balance sheet by groups, the expenses and revenue have the minus sign in front of the amount. Why?
In the Accounts table, check the BClass column; the numbers should be as follows: 1 for the Assets, 2 for the Liabilities, 3 for the Expenses and 4 for the Revenue. Also, check the Section column: there should be 1 in the row of the Assets title, 2 for the Liabilities, 3 for the Expenses and 4 for the Revenue, 01 for the Clients register, 02 for the Suppliers register, 03 for the Cost centers and 04 for the Profit centers.
- Password unlock
If you are not able to remember the password anymore, our technicians can unlock the file for you deleting the password. Please send us your support request by email, with the file attached to it. Very soon you will receive an email with your unlocked file. Password unlock is a paid service.
- I get an error message. What now?
By clicking on the symbol next to the error message (in the Info or Messages window) you will be directly connected to the online page explaining the error message and suggesting possible causes and solutions.
If you still need assistance, you can contact us with our Contact form or phone +41 (0)91 210 49 37.