When opening Banana Accounting Plus, the program will show you the Manage subscription dialog window, that can also be accessed by choosing the Help menu → Manage subscription... command.
Warning: In Mac operating systems, the menu bar is located at the top, to the right of the Apple logo in the shape of an apple.
You need to enter your email address in order to:
- Connect your computer to the subscription you have already purchased from our Swiss shop
- Get a free month for the Professional plan if you already have a Banana old version*
- Entering the Product Key, if you purchased in a store or on our international online shop - go to the Product Key page
- Purchase a subscription directly from the program
- Use the Free plan
If you don't enter an email and close the window by clicking on the Not now button, the program will work according to the Free plan (max 70 transactions).
Enter your email
In order to enter your email in the program, proceed as follows:
- Download, install and start the program
- Enter your email address in the Manage Subscription dialogue box, which appears when you open the program (but you can always access it from the Help menu → Manage Subscription...).
IMPORTANT: Before pressing on the Submit button, please double check that you have entered your email correctly.
After entering your email address, you will be notified that a verification message with a 6-digit verification code has been sent to you.
Please check in your Inbox and copy/paste your verification code in this dialogue window, then press the Submit button.
If you haven't received the email
It is possible that the email we sent did not arrive in your inbox.
- You have entered the wrong email address
This is the most important reason our support finds when users fail to activate:
- Verify that the email listed is indeed your correct email. Maybe you forgot or reversed letters.
- If you have entered the wrong email address, you can correct it with the Change ... button
- Make sure that your email box has updated the email
Multiple programs only read emails with a frequency of several minutes
- In your email program click on "Get Messages", "Update".
- Check that the email has not ended up in the spam folder
It is possible that your email system did not deposit the email in the inbox, but in a Spam section.
- Wait for the email to arrive
It may take some time for the email to be delivered.
- While you are waiting for the email to arrive, you can click on the Not now button
- When the email arrives, you can return to the Help menu → Manage subscriptions command, and enter the verification code received.
- Request another code to be sent
- The verification code has a temporary validity.
- After 1 hour or 3 failed attempts you will need to request a new one
- Click on the If you're still having problems you can request we resend the mail link.
A different code will be sent to you. The previous one will no longer be valid.
- Make sure that the email is not deleted by your anti-spam
If the email doesn't arrive, it is possible that your email system is completely blocking the sending of the email.
You can instruct your email program not to block the messages that arrive from Banana.ch.
Once you have entered your email address as a registered user, the program shows you all the information about your subscription and the possibility of performing a number of operations. You can always access this dialogue box via the Help menu → Manage subscription...
Manage accountWith this link you can directly access to your Banana user account. You can access your license information, invoices, see and edit profile data perform other operations. Also visit the User account page.
Sync account info
This link connects to Banana.ch and retrieves the updated subscription data.
With this link you can remove your email address from Banana Accounting Plus, along with any subscription associated with it.
Here you can see your current subscription data and its expiry date. If you renew your subscription before it expires or if you buy a different subscription you will see both here.
Upgrade to Advanced Plan
If you have the Professional plan, you can upgrade to the Advanced plan at anytime. The cost of the upgrade is calculated pro-rata.
Add a Product Key
In some cases you will receive a product key after your purchase. For more information visit the Product Key page.
To activate the subscription it is essential to:
- Have an internet connection.
- Make sure that the Banana Accounting+ can connect to the internet.
If you have a firewall blocking the connection, you will need to temporarily disable it.
Once the subscription is activated, the program no longer needs any internet connection, until the subscription renewal.
To avoid that the sending of the email is blocked you can indicate to your email program that banana.ch is a secure domain.
Outlook: enable the reception of emails from banana.ch
- Open Outlook and go to Settings → Mail → Junk mail → Safe senders and domains → Add
- Add us as a safe sender
Check your Proxy Server
Is your computer frozen and the program seems to be running idle? It is possible that there is a problem with your Proxy Server.
To check if this is the case, and to solve the problem, proceed as follows:
- Open the menu File → New
- Click on the Update button (bottom left corner)
- Are you getting a Proxy error message?
- Check the Proxy settings on your operating system. It is important that the Manual Proxy setup is turned off!
Banana Accounting Plus is now active!
Need help to get going? Find suggestions and directions on the How to start.
In order to change the email connected to your subscription you need to follow these steps:
- Login to your user account and change the email connected to your subscription or contact our customer service and ask us to change it for you.
- Open Banana Accounting Plus → Help menu → Manage subscription
- Choose the Sign out link and confirm pressing the Yes button. You will be temporarily using only the Free plan.
- Open again the Help menu → Manage subscription window
- Enter your new email address
- Verify your new email address by entering the verification code you received in your inbox (as described above)
- You can now see that your are working again with your paid Professional or Advanced subscription.
How to renew or change your subscription
When you purchase a Banana Accounting Plus product, a user account is automatically created. By accessing your user account you can see all the information related to your subscription. For more information visit the Renew page.
Both the subscription and the payment are annual. If you wish to cancel your subscription at the end of the 12 months you can do so as follows:
- For purchases from Switzerland
At any time or when you receive the renewal notification email:
- Log into your user account and disable the auto-renewal default setting.
- For international purchases → International purchases are made to our partner Share-it.
- Login on your Share-it - Mycommerce account
- Click on your subscription Reference number
- Click on the Cancel subscription button
More info at https://account.mycommerce.com/home/wiki/Subscriptions
Alternatively, you can also contact our customer service department by writing two lines of cancellation.
Always access your data
Even after the cancellation of your subscription you can always access your accounting data, because Banana Accounting Plus continues to work according to the FREE plan that allows you to freely open and view the files.
The free month is credited automatically if you purchased your old version from 2018 onwards and if your email has remained the same. For old versions purchased before 2018 you need to contact us to get the free month.
If you purchased Banana Accounting in a physical shop and have never registered, register now!
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.