Invoice Data is entered in the Transactions table. Use a new row for each new invoice.
- Enter the Date for your transaction.
- The Invoice number.
- The text entered in the Description column (product, services, consulting ...) will appear on the invoice to your client.
- Insert the customer number in the Debit column.
- Insert the counterpart in the Credit column (Sales account, Consulting fees etc).
- Enter the Amount.
- If the invoice is subject to VAT, enter the VAT code with the respective applicable VAT rate. See Invoice Printing and VAT Management
Invoices on multiple rows
If there are several elements to your invoice (different items or services, or both) you will have to enter them on separate line (one element per row):
- Use a new row for entering each item you wish to appear when printing your invoice.
- On each additional row, repeat the date and invoice number, the same as the previous lines.
Basic columns for Invoices in the Transactions table
The invoices's data is reported in this column. All rows appertaining to the document must report the same date.
In order to manage the invoices, it is mandatory that you enter an invoice number in the Invoice column and a customer account belonging to the customers register in the column Debit A/C (or CC3 if the clients are being managed with the Cash system)
In the Type column, you can define detailed rows, such as totalization rows or a specific payment term for an invoice. This column is not visible by default, but must be displayed via the Data menu → command Columns setup and by checking the DocType column.
The quantity of goods and services provided is entered in this column. To add the Quantity column use the menu Tools → Add new functionalities → Add Items Columns in Transactions table.
Insert unity type (for example 'pz', 'h', 'm', 'kg').
Insert Unit Price for the goods or services. The program will automatically calculate the resulting total amount for your input into the Quantity column.