E-Learning with Banana Accounting:
Thanks to Banana Accounting, the concept of Active learning con be put into practice. The students learn easier and faster how to manage an accounting and are already prepared to enter into the labour market.
- User (Student-) friendly: Banana Accounting is easy to use because its main interface is just like Excel, a program that most students are familiar with. This allows teachers to concentrate on accounting matters without wasting precious time.
- Accounting and financial planning: Students are learning while entering the records of the past or simulating the creation of a Start-up. They can immediately observe the impact that certain operations will have on the profit or the cash flow in the next few years or months.
- Highlights the mechanisms of Double-entry accounting: This makes it easier for the students to understand and get used to accounting techniques.
- International accounting standards: Students are learning important knowledge for whatever nation or branch that at the same time are fundamental for the use of other accounting programs.
- Use on the students' computers: In order to do school exercises on their own personal computer, students can install the Starter Edition with which all the features can be used, up to 70 transaction rows.
- No costs for the school, the teachers and the students : Banana Accounting saves the school's financial resources by offering a free license for schools and the Starter Edition that is available for all.
- Version for Windows, Mac and Linux: Banana is available for Windows, Mac and Linux. Its files can be exchanged between the different operating systems.
- For more advantages, see also Resources and List of Schools.
Summary of the Free license for schools
The free license for schools and teachers:
- Is granted free of charge to institutions offering regular training in accounting, finances or economy.
Allows you to install the program on all school computers
It also allows the use by teachers who conduct courses at the school
- To obtain the school license, fill out the specific request form (see hereunder "How to obtain the license").
Teaching students to prepare Balance sheets and enter transactions
Banana Accounting is an accounting spreadsheet with which students can practice and learn to:
- Prepare Balance sheets and Profit & Loss statements
- Enter into the Double-entry accounting transactions of all different kinds, sales and purchases, paid cash or with invoice/credit card, adjustment of the stock, depreciation, closing transactions and other recordings, etc.
Structure the chart of accounts in order to adapt it to the needs of companies
Manage accounting with foreign currencies.
Financial and cash flow planning
With Banana Accounting, one can create financial budgets and simulate the creation of a a Start-up.
- Completely based on the Double-entry accounting system
- Balance Sheets/Profit & Loss Statements per month, quarter or for future years
- Use of multipliers and formulas
- Automatic calculation of future interests
- Manage accounting with foreign currencies.
- Complete the online license request form
The email should have the domain of the school. If the request comes from another email, we will ask for further information later on.
- You will then receive a confirmation email that you should print, sign and stamp with the school stamp (mandatory) and send us back by email (scanned form attached).
- If the request is accepted by Banana.ch SA, the school receives a confirmation email with the license key.
- Download the software from our download page
- Install Banana Accounting on the school computers, entering the school license key.
- The school must offer accounting courses or accounting management at a regular basis.
The license for schools will not be offered to institutes that do not offer accounting courses or financial training.
- The request of the free license for schools must be carried forward by a person or entity authorized to represent the school.
- The multi-license for schools is an extension of the Single User license. The user license for schools implies the acceptance of the user license for the program.
- The free license for schools concerns the software Banana Accounting for Windows and/or Mac
- For the license for schools, the approval of Banana.ch SA must be obtained in advance.
- The school must be organized so as to comply consistently with all standards and prevent the unauthorized duplication of software.
- At the request of Banana.ch, the school must provide all the information about the school and the installation and use of the program.
- The schools must agree to allow Banana.ch to make public use of the name of the school and the information about the use of the program, as a reference for other interested parties.
The school confirms that the email address is a valid address to send any communication to the school. Any communication is considered executed when sent to the email address specified in the request. It is the responsibility of the school to inform Banana.ch about a possible change of email address.
- By requesting the free license for schools, the school or the authorized entity declares to have read and accepted the license conditions for the free license for schools.
- Banana.ch reserves the right, at its complete discretion, to accept or deny the license request without any explanation.
- Banana.ch reserves the right, at its complete discretion, to revoke the license for schools, at any given time and without explanation, completely or partially, as well as modify its conditions of use and the license conditions.
Authorizations Multi-license for schools
The free multi-license for schools:
- Authorizes the school to install the program, object of the license, on all computers installed at the premises of the school and used for educational or administrative purposes.
- Authorizes the teachers (permanent and recognized) to install the program on their own computer if it is used for teaching/educational purposes related to the teaching of accounting.
The use of the program for commercial purposes and its installation on computers not intended for educational or teaching purposes is prohibited.
Documentation and link exchange
If you have prepared or published documentation, examples or other information that could be usefull for others, we invite you to make it known to us, so we can insert a link on our website.
We also invite schools to insert a link to our website www.banana.ch and to this page in particular, on the schools' website, a personal site or page, on twitter or facebook.
Students can easier find information, documentation and download the free version
You help other schools and other teachers to know about this offer
Thank you, you help us make the program known and by doing this, to develop it further
Thank you, you help us increase our rankings in search engines
Resources and list of schools