To activate the options in the Customers menu, you need to set the customer group via the menu Reports → Customers → Settings menu.
The functions related to customers are explained below, but also apply to those of suppliers (Reports → Suppliers → Settings). the dialogues that follow are identical for both customer and supplier functionalities.
Without the indication of the group in the settings of the Customers menu, all functions are disabled.
Group or account
Select the generic group or account that contains the Customers or Suppliers list. The group or the account needs to be already present in the Accounts table.
For further details on customers or suppliers settings see:
- Setting up the Customers' register and Setting up the Suppliers' register (accrual method).
- Setting up the Customers' register and Setting up the Suppliers' register (cash method).
Due date invoices (in days)
The program uses the following order of priority to calculate the invoice deadline:
- The due date if you entered it in the transaction row.
If there are several dates for the same invoice number, the program takes into consideration the most recent one.
- If the number of days is indicated in the PaymentTermInDays column of the Accounts table, the transaction date is incremented by the number of days set.
- The date of the transaction is incremented by the days indicated in the settings dialog box.
Include transactions from previous (years)
- If 0, the program will not display invoices from the previous year, but only the opening balances of the customer account.
- If 1, the program will also include the invoices of the previous year in the customer card.
- If 2 or more, the program will also include invoices from years before in the customer card.
Link to the invoice document
You can save invoices (pdf, doc or other) and insert the link in the Link to invoice document cell. In the Transactions table, Invoice column, the program will open the document if the invoice number is indicated, allowing access to the content.
The link may contain:
- The XML name <DocInvoice> or the name of another column contained between <>.
If you use the "<DocInvoice>.pdf" command and you are on the row with invoice number 100, the program will try to open the "100.pdf" file. You can also prefix the filename with the name of a directory.
Any file name extension can be used. This extension must, however, be included in the list of file extensions considered safe (Tools- Program options-Advanced).
- It is also possible to indicate a path preceding the field name, that contains the name of the document to be opened.
- With the "c:\temp\<DocInvoice>.pdf" link and the invoice number 100, the program proceeds to open the file c:\temp\100.pdf.
- The name of the directory is relative to the directory where the file is located.
Alternative text for payment auto-completion (Payment %1)
The entry of a payment for an invoice can be facilitated by the auto-completion of the payment, which can be activated via the F2 key in the Invoice field of the Entries table.
The auto-completion completes the entry columns such as invoice number, description, amount, accounts. In the Description column, it is possible to edit the text 'Payment' followed by the description of the first line of the invoice (%1), indicating the desired text.
Invoice rounding (base currency)
Indicate the minimum amount for rounding the invoice total. For example:
0.01 rounds the invoice total to the nearest cent, 0.10 rounds to the nearest 10 cents.
If the field is empty, the invoice total in CHF is rounded to the nearest 5 cents, for other currencies rounding is to the nearest cent.
Disable auto-completion of invoice data
This option is usually deactivated when there are many entries in the accounts and the data entry is slowed down by the display of the list of open invoices in the Invoice field of the Entries table.
Opening an invoice document
- Position yourself in the Invoice column of the transaction row related to the invoice you wish to open
- Open the context menu with the right mouse button
- Select the Open Invoice Link command.