Banana Accounting is also available for iPhone and iPad under the name of Banana Accounting Mobile (also see System requirements)
- Completely free - install directly from the App Store (iTunes for Banana Accounting Mobile).
- It works with the iOS 8.4 or higher
- Banana Accounting Mobile allows you to view and edit your accounting files, in combination with a desktop version (Windows, Mac or Linux) and a cloud system.
Files are 100% compatible with the Desktop version.
- For the moment Banana Accounting Mobile has been optimized for Dropbox. With other cloud systems, files can currently only be viewed but not edited.
Installing Banana Accounting Mobile
- Download and install Banana Accounting Mobile from the App Store.
Edit existing files
You can open files previously created with the Banana Accounting Desktop version (Windows, Mac o Linux).
Files saved on Dropbox
Using Dropbox, your accounting files can be viewed and edited.
- With your desktop Banana version save your file in your Dropbox folder
- Open your Banana Accounting Mobile
- In the Cloud section, you will see the list the existing files on your Dropbox account. The first time you use this app you need to click on the connection button to login.
- All changes with be saved on Dropbox, that will sync them on all your other devices.
Files saved on iCloud, Google Drive
It is currently only possible to open the file in a read-only mode; it is therefore possible to view the data, but you cannot save any changes.
- With your desktop Banana version save your file in your iCloud folder
- Open your Banana Accounting Mobile and press on "Cloud"
- Press the "Open external files" on the bottom-right of your screen and choose the desired file.
Limitations compared to the Desktop version
Banana Accounting Mobile has been optimized to offer an easy and fast access to your accounting data when you are on the go, and to make small changes to them. The operational calculation engine is the same - from the accounting point of view there are no differences. Compared to the Desktop version there are limitations concerning the interface and the way of use.
- It is not possible to create new files. In order to do so you need to create the file with the Desktop version.
- Several commands are not available in the mobile version.
- If you make changes to your files, it is currently possible to save them only if using Dropbox.
Banana Accounting Mobile for iOS has been first released on December 2016.
We would appreciate any feedback.