When opening Banana Accounting Plus, the program will show you the Manage subscription dialog window, that can also be accessed by choosing the Help menu → Manage subscription... command.
If you have already registered your email, it shows you the Subscription Information and a number of actions available to you. If you have NOT yet registered your email, the program offers you 2 choices:
- Enter your email address for:
- Activating a subscription that you have already bought with the Professional or Advanced plan on this computer
- Using the free months that the program gives you as a registered Banana user from previous versions
- Entering the Product Key, if you received one after purchasing a subscription - go to the Product Key page
- Purchase a subscription directly from the program
- Choose not to register any email and use the Free plan
- Simply click on the Not now button; the dialog window will close.
Enter your email
To activate your subscription or take advantage of the free months, proceed as follows:
- Download, install and start the program
- Enter your email address in the Manage Subscription dialogue box, which appears when you open the program (but you can always access it from the Help menu → Manage Subscription...).
IMPORTANT: Before pressing on the Submit button, please double check that you have entered your email correctly.
After entering your email address, you will be notified that a verification message with a 6-digit verification code has been sent to you.
Please check in your Inbox and copy/paste your verification code in this dialogue window, then press the Submit button.
If you haven't received the email
It is possible that the email we sent did not arrive in your inbox.
- You have entered the wrong email address
This is the most important reason our support finds when users fail to activate:
- Verify that the email listed is indeed your correct email. Maybe you forgot or reversed letters.
- If you have entered the wrong email address, you can correct it with the Change ... button
- Make sure that your email box has updated the email
Multiple programs only read emails with a frequency of several minutes
- In your email program click on "Get Messages", "Update".
- Check that the email has not ended up in the spam folder
It is possible that your email system did not deposit the email in the inbox, but in a Spam section.
- Wait for the email to arrive
It may take some time for the email to be delivered.
- While you are waiting for the email to arrive, you can click on the Not now button
- When the email arrives, you can return to the Help menu → Manage subscriptions command, and enter the verification code received.
- Request another code to be sent
- The verification code has a temporary validity.
- After 1 hour or 3 failed attempts you will need to request a new one
- Click on the If you're still having problems you can request we resend the mail link.
A different code will be sent to you. The previous one will no longer be valid.
- Make sure that the email is not deleted by your anti-spam
If the email doesn't arrive, it is possible that your email system is completely blocking the sending of the email.
You can instruct your email program not to block the messages that arrive from Banana.ch.
Once you have entered your email address as a registered user, the program shows you all the information about your subscription and the possibility of performing a number of operations. You can always access this dialogue box via the Help menu → Manage subscription...
Remove your email
With this link (Remove...) you can remove your email address from Banana Accounting Plus, along with any subscription associated with it.
Here you can see your current subscription data and its expiry date. If you renew your subscription before it expires or if you buy a different subscription you will see both here.
Insert a Product Key to activate or renew a Subscription plan
In some cases you will receive a product key after your purchase. For more information visit the Product Key page.
Purchase or renew a subscription plan in our store
Use this link to go to our online shop and purchase the subscription or renewal of one of the paid plans.
Check for un updated subscription
This link connects to Banana.ch and retrieves the updated subscription data.
To activate the subscription it is essential to:
- Have an internet connection.
- Make sure that the Banana Accounting+ can connect to the internet.
If you have a firewall blocking the connection, you will need to temporarily disable it.
Once the subscription is activated, the program no longer needs any internet connection, until the subscription renewal.
To avoid that the sending of the email is blocked you can indicate to your email program that banana.ch is a secure domain.
Outlook: enable the reception of emails from banana.ch
- Open Outlook and go to Settings → Mail → Junk mail → Safe senders and domains → Add
- Add us as a safe sender
Check your Proxy Server
Is your computer frozen and the program seems to be running idle? It is possible that there is a problem with your Proxy Server.
To check if this is the case, and to solve the problem, proceed as follows:
- Open the menu File → New
- Click on the Update button (bottom left corner)
- Are you getting a Proxy error message?
- Check the Proxy settings on your operating system. It is important that the Manual Proxy setup is turned off!
Banana Accounting Plus is now active!
Need help to get going? Find suggestions and directions on the How to start.
In order to change the email connected to your subscription you need to follow these steps:
- Contact our customer service and ask us to change your account's email or login to your user account and change it yourself.
- Open Banana Accounting Plus → Help menu → Manage subscription
- Choose the Remove.... link and confirm pressing the Yes button. You will be temporarily using only the Free plan.
- Open again the Help menu → Manage subscription window
- Enter your new email address
- Verify your new email address by entering the verification code you received in your inbox (as described above)
- You can now see that your are working again with your paid Professional or Advanced subscription.