The Balance sheet with groups differs from the Balance sheet for the following characteristics:
- Displays the subgroups in detail.
- Offers the possibility to exclude groups or accounts (for instance, to display only the total of the group and not the accounts of which the total is composed).
- In the Chart of accounts →Sections it is possible to select which accounts to include or leave out from the printouts
- It is possible to sort by a given period (for example in the first semester, you can choose whether to obtain the data by month or by quarter)
- It is possible to have a subdivision by segment.
In order to calculate, display and print the Enhanced Balance sheet by groups, click on Reports → Enhanced balance sheet with groups command from the menu: a window appears, with different sections that allow the user to define the print setup.
See also Print Examples.
- If I exclude the groups with a zero balance, the title rows that refer to the excluded groups are still being displayed; how can I erase them?
Go to Sections and activate Hide current row on the title rows that you wish to exclude.
- I would like to exclude the display of the period in the titles of the printouts ("1st Semester 2013"); how can I do that?
Go to the Headers section and deactivate the Print period option.
- On the cover page, when there are long titles, I would like to be able to choose how to subdivide the texts into two rows and wish to apply bold print. Is this possible?
It is not possible to change the fonts on the cover page.
- Some amounts are not included in the indicated period. Why?
Transactions without a date are counted as openings and do not appear in the printouts of the Profit & Loss statement. Be sure to enter the date into all the transactions.
- The total groups that contain all the accounts of the classes 3 and 4 are being renamed with the text Profit or Loss, depending on the result of the accounting period. How can I change that text?
Go to the Sections and overwrite the original text in the Alternate text zone of the active row.
- How can I display the data of the previous year if it is longer than the standard year?
In the Enhanced Balance Sheet by groups dialogue box, under the heading "Columns", for both the Balance Sheet and Income Statement section, click on the "Advanced" button, in the "Columns" window click on "Add". At this point, activate the "Prior" option in the "Print Columns" window. Then close all windows by pressing the "ok" button. You can customize the header of the columns in the "Columns" window, by clicking on the "properties" button, if necessary.