The Accounting Report is a file type where you can set up the way a report will appear, by indicating how the accounts are being grouped.
The grouping system, created in this manner, can be linked to the accounting to extract and total the accounts selected for the new presentation.
The external accounting report, in addition to being used for customizing the Balance sheet and Income statement or other reports, can also be used to switch to a different Chart of Accounts and transfer the related balances. More details are available on the Transfer Chart of Accounts page.
The External Accounting report is only available with the Banana Accounting+ Advanced plan.
There are two possible grouping modes:
- Grouping based on the indicated groups
This manner is useful when one wants to group the accounts according to different criteria, for example, present the Balance sheet and the Profit/Loss statement according to a grouping system that is different than the one set up in the Accounts table.
- In the Report, the grouping system is being created.
- For each account of the Accounts table in the accounting, in the GR1 column (or another column), indicate the group in which the account has to be grouped.
- When the Report is being executed, all the accounts that are marked with groups in the report file are being carried forward.
- Grouping based on the indicated accounts
This manner is useful when one doesn't want a report with all the accounts but with only a few selected accounts.
- In the Report, indicate the accounts of the Accounts table from the Accounting file that should be included.
- When the Report is being executed, only the indicated accounts are being carried forward.
How to create an Accounting report file
In order to create an Accounting report file:
- File menu→ New → Accounting Report
- It is possible to choose an existing model or get started with a new one
- Once created, save the file under a new name.
The columns of the Accounting report
The Accounting report file includes the same columns as those in the Chart of accounts of the accounting file. They make it possible to create the Groupings and the Totals.
This column is being used to indicate the value that is to be used in the presentation.
For the different possibilities, refer to the Sections documentation.
The group in which the accounts of the accounting have to be totaled or a group of the report.
Account (only visible in the Complete view)
The account that has to be included in the report.
- If there are accounts, when the report is executed only those indicated will be carried forward.
- In case no account has been indicated, the accounts that have been linked through a group will be carried forward.
Description for the grouping or of the row itself.
In the Sum In column, one indicates the total in which the row is to be totaled.
If the word "Yes" is being entered, only the Total row is being displayed and not the accounts that are a part of this total.
Please check the Show groups' totals only in the Accounting report page.
Usually, the total for the rows that have accounts with balances are included in the report.
If you indicate "Yes" in this column, the row is in any case always displayed. This can be applied to both the totals and to the accounts.
This applies to groups that have a zero balance.
The row will only be displayed if there have been transactions during the time period.
Creating a Report linked through the group
- In the Report, create a system of groups and subgroups as desired.
- In the Accounts table one indicates, in the Gr1 or Gr2 column, the group in which the account has to be totaled.
If the Gr1 column (or another preferred one) is not visible, make it visible with the Columns setup command.
- The accounts that are not being linked will not be included in the Report.
- Execute the Report through the commands:
- Enhanced balance sheet with groups (Report menu)
- Chart of accounts → External accounting report
Creating a report that groups only some selected accounts of the accounting
This modality is active even when in the report only one account has been indicated.
Do not indicate any account, if you wish that the report is being executed in the group modality.
Are indicated in the report file:
- The accounts of the accounting that are to be grouped together.
Only the indicated accounts will be included in the report.
- The groups in which the accounts have to be grouped together.
Accounting report can be executed using the following commands:
- Reports menu → Enhanced Balance sheet with groups
- Select Chart of accounts → Sections → External accounting report.
- Reports menu, choose the Base section and the External accounting report option.