To start, just download for free the Free Plan. You may enter up to a maximum of 20 invoices and 20 offers.
With the yearly plan, you can add an unlimited number of estimates and invoices.
How to set up estimates and invoices
To create estimates and invoices, just set up your customer data, items or services to be invoiced, unit prices and VAT rates, while the program takes care of everything else.
There are many automations to make your work easy and with immediate professional results.
- Automatic retrieval of addresses from contacts to avoid having to re-enter the data in the invoice.
- Data import from SmallInvoice with specific Banana extension.
- No manual calculation. All calculations are automatic, always accurate and updated.
- Detailed estimates that can be quickly converted into invoices and sent to the customer.
- Invoices created with QR code for Switzerland.
- For every invoice, language, currency, number of decimals and rounding system can be set up.
- Changes and/or duplicates of invoices and offers already made to the customer. You just need to to add quantities and the new invoice is ready to be sent.
- Annotations for memos or other.
- Payment date to check receipts.
- View of overdue invoices to check due dates.
- PDF saving and paper-printable.
- Invoice archiving to have a history that is always organised and ready for possible tax inspections.
- Dark Mode on Mac and Windows.
- Add as many rows as you want without limit, or delete the rows you don't require.
- You don't need to enter formulas because the calculations are updated instantly and you have a contextual view (like in spreadsheets).
- The columns are customizable, you can change their position, add new ones and change their width.
- Work with the format that suits you best.
- Colour the rows to immediately identify pending invoices or for other purposes.
Based on spreadsheets
The estimate and invoice application is built upon various tables, which are used in a similar way to those of Excel, but that are already fully set up and programmed with everything needed to manage your inventory in a fast and safe way.
- Contacts table
This is the table where customer data can be registered in a precise and orderly way. The data can always be updated and modified.
- Items table
This is the table where the data for the management of the items or services to be invoiced are inserted. By assigning an ID it is possible to group the various categories of items or services to be invoiced. You enter the quantities, the unit price and you can indicate the reference account in the accounting. Columns are also available for entering the date of entry and exit of the goods and for annotations.
- Invoices table
This table is intended for entering the items which need to be invoiced.It is the most automated:
- Automatic resumption of the customer's address by simply selecting the customer's contact ID.
- Automatic retrieval of all invoice data: by double clicking on the cell in the Total column, an invoice dialogue opens up where you will find all the data entered in the other columns of the Invoices table (customer address, date and invoice number, reference, order number, unit price, VAT rate and other possible data). Just enter the quantities and the invoice is ready.It can be saved in PDF or printed on paper.
- Estimates table
The offer data is entered. It is completely similar to the Invoices table, with the same functions, calculations and printing methods, obviously the wording changes. The estimates can be converted into invoices at any time with automatic recovery of the data in the invoice, which can be immediately saved, printed and sent to the customer with automatic recovery of the data in the invoice, which can be immediately saved, printed and sent to the customer.
- VAT codes table
VAT codes are set up for creating invoices. Whilst preparing invoices, both the rates and calculations are taken up automatically . The rates can be modified if the regulations in force change.
Accounting set up
Headings and basic data of Estimates and Invoices set up in a single dialog box, easy to display.
- Headings with free texts
- Address with all company data
- Link to predefined or customized extensions
- Password to secure your estimate and invoice
- You can create multiple Estimate and Invoice files in different languages.
File and data saving
- All your data is saved in a single file, where you can easily find everything without wasting time.
- Give the file the name you want.
- You can manage an unlimited number of files.
- Save data on any media, computer, network, cloud or send it by email. You can have access from wherever you are.
- Simultaneous access by multiple users, where, however, only one person can open the file to be edited.
- Make your accounting more secure by inserting password protection.
Handling Estimates and Invoices
- In the columns you can see the amounts in the format used by your computer.
- You choose the identifier of the article freely (numeric or alpha-numeric account, up to 256 characters).
- Balance, item movement and totals displayed at the same time and always updated.
- In the Links column of the Items table you can add a digital link for the registered item.
- In all tables you have predefined columns that you can make visible by choice.
- The Search command allows you to quickly search for the invoice or estimate data.
- The Replace command allows you to automatically replace texts or other data in the tables.
- You can sort the rows according to different sorting keys.
- Export to PDF for data storage.
- Export to other formats for data re-processing.
- Data import from other programs in Text, Ascii and CSV format.
- Data import from SmallInvoice.
Error reporting and control
- Command to quickly check accounting.
- Reporting of any wrong settings, differences or errors.
- Each report is linked to a help page that explains the causes and the solution.
- Possibility to amend at any time.
Prints and reports
- Print invoice with QR code.
- It is possible to print the invoice with a QR bulletin even without an amount and without an address, leaving an empty box to manually insert the data. More information is available on the QR-Code Customization page, section Include/Exclude from printing.
- Print invoice for all other countries.
- Print invoice on paper or in PDF format.
- Add your own logo in the printouts of estimates and invoices.
- Open invoice report.
- On the Customise invoice printing page you will find all information for printing and its settings.
- Customise the estimate and invoice print.
- With Banana accounting Professional you can use the preset settings and customize the printing of estimates and invoices.
- With Banana Advanced, you can not only customize the printing of estimates and invoices, but also add additional customisations.
Data export and storage
- Copy and paste directly to and from Excel.
- Export tables to PDF and various other formats.
- Storage of printouts and data to PDF or other formats.
- Saving of the accounting file on any device.
- Export estimates and invoices data in .csv format with the extension Estimates and Invoices Tools.
- Constantly updated estimate and invoice application documentation.
- Banana accounting Plus documentation.
- Banana Accounting Plus questions and answers.
- Documentation also available in PDF format.
History of updates
The Estimate and Invoice application is constantly subject to updates and improvements.
For further details, consult the page Change history of estimates and invoices extension.
- Set the discount for each item, both in terms of percentage and final amount.
- Insert the date when the service took place for each item.
- Add fields to the invoice for additional specific information (project, additional references, etc..).
- Print delivery notes with or without amounts.
- Print payment reminders with or without Swiss QR payment slip.
- Add an interim total (Banana Accounting+ 10.1.8 or newer).
Some customisations of the printing layout CH10 and UNI11 are available only with Banana Advanced.
The Estimates and Invoices application is one of the latest additions to the family and for the moment it supports the essential functions related to the preparation and printing of estimates and invoices. It does not yet support the following functionalities:
- It is not possible to import invoice data into the accounting file.
- Connect with Inventory application.
- Export individual invoice data.
- Automated sending of invoices by email.
- Automated sending of invoices by eBill.
- Define multiple IBAN codes.
- Add additional columns in the invoice details.
- Define a discount for a single contact.
- Define a discount for a single item.
- Create a series of invoices.
- Importing QR-Code payments.
- Send a payment reminder.
- Create a new year.
- Enter the shipping address.