There are two ways to close open invoices:
- Manually register the collection of customer's invoice
- Automatically register by importing the data in the bank statement in ISO 20022 format.
To manually record the receipts of the invoices, see the following pages
- Closing with transaction on the turnover principle method
- Closing with transaction on the cash method
To automatically close open invoices by importing statement data, you must:
- Download and save on your computer the data in ISO 20022 format directly from the bank's website.
Files in ISO 20022 formats camt052, camt053 and camt054 are supported for Swiss specifications.
- Install the ISO 20022 Camt Bank Statement (Switzerland) extension.
- Set some parameters of the extension.
- Import the transactions by selecting the Camt Bank Statement ISO 20022 (Switzerland) extension.
With the import, the program automatically creates records in the Transactions table and enters the data in the corresponding columns:
- In the Date column, the date of the invoice collection.
- In the Invoice column, the invoice number extracted from the QR reference number (see parameters).
- In the Description column, the QR reference number.
- In the A/C Credit column, the customer account extracted from the QR reference number (see parameters);
- The extracted customer account will be saved as an account/category or cost center based on the parameters.
- In the Amount column, the invoice amount.
- In the A/C Debit column, the counterpart account (the bank account where the amount has been collected) if this has been enabled during the import.
For more information, see the Camt ISO 20022 (Switzerland) Bank Statement page.
The codes of the QR references are explained on the following pages: