Financial planning of projects allows you to take control over the income and expenses of a project. It is used to evaluate investments and returns on a project and to track its implementation.
Budgeting with the double-entry method allows you to indicate profit and cost centers as well. You only need to set up cost centers for the different projects, and in parallel to the balance and income statement forecasts, you will have the forecasts available for each individual project.
- Watch the video: Cost and profit centers
The projections are calculated on the basis of the initial balance and the forecasts entered in the Budget table. When a line is changed the budget, forecasts are instantly updated. You can produce simulations, reassign a payment, add an investment, modify sales and spot how the project changes.
Values of projects can be displayed in several ways.
Profit and Cost centers are set up in the Accounts table. After each movement, the updated balances of the forecast for the accounting period of reference are displayed in the Budget column. At a glance you can know immediately what the situation of the projects will be at the end of the year.
When you open the Charts window, positioning the cursor on an account or a group you will see the graph representing the evolution of the projects.
In the legend are visible Current, Previous and Budget. By clicking on each one it is possible to hide or make visible the respective graphs.
Account card with budget data
With the Budget Account card command you have the possibility to display all the movements for the single project in detail, day by day.
The Account Card command allows you to specify whether you want to display current or budget transactions.
- Select budget movements.
- Indicate the cost or profit center accounts, or the group.
- Set up the Period.
- If you indicate a period that extends beyond the accounting period, the program will automatically switch to Forecasts over several years.
- When you indicate a group, you will see the movements of all the accounts belonging to that group.
- When in the Budget table, you can access the cost center tab by clicking on the small icon next to the account number.
Enhanced Balance sheet with groups
With the Enhanced Balance sheet with groups you can choose which data columns to display and the reference period, to see the evolution of the projects by day, week, month, quarter, semester, year, etc.
- In Sections options you can select the Budget data to be displayed.
- Select the Projects group. You can also choose to view the accounts of each individual project.
- Set up the Period.
If you indicate a period that extends beyond the accounting period, the program will automatically switch to Forecasts over several years.
- Indicate the desired subdivision by period.
- If you think of continuing to use this print setting, create a customization.
Projects Budget Accounting report
The Accounting report is similar to the Enhanced balance sheet with groups, with the difference that the display takes place in columns, as in the Accounts table.
It can therefore be used to display an instant view of the evolution of the projects.