When first opening Banana Accounting Plus, the program will show you the Manage subscription dialog window. Even if you close it you can always access it by choosing the Help menu → Manage subscription... command.
If you have already registered your email, it shows you the Subscription Information and a number of actions available to you.
If you have NOT yet registered your email, the program offers you 2 choices:
- Register with your email address and use the Professional or Advanced plan
- If you have already activated the subscription on another computer, the program takes the subscription information from the banana.ch server, so you can use the program on this computer as well.
- If you are a registered Banana user from previous versions, the software will grant you a free subscription for a period of time depending on when you last purchased a license for the program.
- If you received a Product Key after purchasing a subscription you can enter it here and activate your plan.
- You may proceed to purchase your subscription.
- Choose not to register any email and use the Free plan
- Simply click on the Not now button
- The dialog window will close and you work with the Free plan.
Register your email and activate your subscription
This is the first step in order to activate a subscription to the Advanced or Professional plan that you have already purchased, or take advantage of the free period as a registered user of Banana Accounting.
The email registration process is a 2-step process:
- Enter you email address
- Enter the 6 digits verification code that has been send to your email address as a confirmation that you own that email address.
Enter your email
Before pressing on the Submit button, please double check that you have entered your email correctly.
Enter the verification code
After entering your email address, you will be notified that a verification message with a 6-digit verification code has been sent to you.
Please check in your Inbox and copy/paste your verification code in this dialogue window, then press the Submit button.
If you haven't received the email
It is possible that the email we sent did not arrive in your inbox.
- You have entered the wrong email address
This is the most important reason our support finds when users fail to activate:
- Verify that the email listed is indeed your correct email. Maybe you forgot or reversed letters.
- If you have entered the wrong email address, you can correct it with the Change ... button
- Make sure that your email box has updated the email
Multiple programs only read emails with a frequency of several minutes
- In your email program click on "Get Messages", "Update".
- Check that the email has not ended up in the spam folder
It is possible that your email system did not deposit the email in the inbox, but in a Spam section.
- Wait for the email to arrive
It may take some time for the email to be delivered.
- While you are waiting for the email to arrive, you can click on the Not now button
- When the email arrives, you can return to the Help menu → Manage subscriptions command, and enter the verification code received.
- Request another code to be sent
- The verification code has a temporary validity.
- After 1 hour or 3 failed attempts you will need to request a new one
- Click on the If you're still having problems you can request we resend the mail link.
A different code will be sent to you. The previous one will no longer be valid.
- Make sure that the email is not deleted by your anti-spam
If the email doesn't arrive, it is possible that your email system is completely blocking the sending of the email.
You can instruct your email program not to block the messages that arrive from Banana.ch.
Once you register your email, the program shows you:
- The email you registered with.
- The subscription plan in use with its expiration date.
If you are a registered user you will see that you have a free period of use.
- A series of operations you can perform, explained below.
You can access this dialogue again through the menu Help → Manage Subscription...
Remove your email
With this link (Remove...) you can remove your email address from Banana Accounting Plus, along with any subscription associated with it.
- You will go back using only the Free plan
- Use this command if you don't plan on using Banana Accounting Plus on this computer or when you want to associate it with another email.
Update your subscription data
The link Check for an updated subscription will connect to banana.ch and reload the updated data of your subscription.
Use this link if you have purchased / renewed / changed your subscription, and you still don't see the right expiration date in the program.
Insert a Product Key to activate a Subscription plan
Use this link if you received a Product Key after your Banana Accounting Plus purchase.
You receive a Product Key when:
- You purchase in retail or in an online store different than the Banana.ch SA online shop
- You purchase a multi-user subscription.
Once you enter a Product Key:
- The subscription period is added to the duration of the existing subscription.
- Once your Product Key is used, it will be invalidated.
- You only need the Product Key the first time you activate a subscription. If you need to install Banana Accounting Plus on other devices you own, you will only need your email.
Important: if you do NOT receive a Product Key, it means that in your case it is not necessary and that you can activate the subscription simply with your email.
Purchase or renew a subscription plan in our store
Use this link to go to our online shop and purchase the subscription or renewal of one of the paid plans.
You can purchase the renewal even before your current subscription expires - this will simply be added to the months remaining. For more information, visit the Renewals page.
To activate the subscription it is essential to:
- Have an internet connection.
- Make sure that the Banana Accounting+ can connect to the internet.
If you have a firewall blocking the connection, you will need to temporarily disable it.
Once the subscription is activated, the program no longer needs any internet connection, until the subscription renewal.
To avoid that the sending of the email is blocked you can indicate to your email program that banana.ch is a secure domain.
Outlook: enable the reception of emails from banana.ch
- Open Outlook and go to Settings → Mail → Junk mail → Safe senders and domains → Add
- Add as safe senders
- firstname.lastname@example.org, banana.ch and srv-cms03.banana.ch
Check your Proxy Server
Is your computer frozen and the program seems to be running idle? It is possible that there is a problem with your Proxy Server.
To check if this is the case, and to solve the problem, proceed as follows:
- Open the menu File → New
- Click on the Update button (bottom left corner)
- Are you getting a Proxy error message?
- Check the Proxy settings on your operating system. It is important that the Manual Proxy setup is turned off!
Banana Accounting Plus is now active!
Need help to get going? Find suggestions and directions on the How to start.