The Fixed Assets Register is a Banana Accounting Plus application to manage your amortisable assets quickly and easily and instantly know their initial value, history, and year-end amortisation.
It is a very flexible, intuitive and powerful tool for calculations.
- You work in tables like with Excel, very intuitive and with all values always visible and updated.
- You have functionalities that automate the calculations, obtaining constantly updated values and balances:
- Initial purchase value.
- Book value.
- Quota and percentage of amortisation.
- Columns for the date of purchase and the duration of the warranty.
- Items Report.
- Instant search for amortisable assets
- In case of errors, you can modify and correct, so as to always have order and precision.
- Application usable in any country.
Substitute for Excel tables for amortisation
The Fixed Assets register is a very precise, but also malleable tool that can be adapted perfectly to your requirements. It allows you to automate the calculation of amortisation, but also offers you the possibility to enter amortisation manually, so that, when there are special cases or exceptions, you are not obliged to change formulas and totals.
The application can be used in conjunction with other accounting programs, you are much more flexible and also save on license costs. For each period (month, quarter, semester or year) you can produce a printout of the summary of the amortisation to be recorded in your accounting program. You can export the data as well, if you wish.
- Add as many rows as you want without limit, or you can delete the rows you don't require.
- You don't need to enter formulas because the calculations are updated instantly and you have a contextual view (like in spreadsheets).
- Everything you see can be printed or exported to PDF or other formats.
- The columns are customizable, you can change their position, add new ones and change their width.
- Work with the format that suits you best.
- Color the rows to immediately identify the items that you need to order or that have been booked.
Based on tables
Fixed Assets Register management focuses on three main tables, which are used in a similar way to those of Excel, but that are already fully set up and programmed with everything needed to manage your inventory in a fast and safe way.
- Items table
This is the table where you set up all the assets subject to amortisation. Each item (or amortisable asset) has an identification ID, a description, a group and an account to which it belongs, the counterpart entry and all the calculation parameters for the amortisation. You can freely create groups of items, without any limits. When viewing this table, you immediately have a complete and updated view of all your amortisable assets.
- Transactions table
This table records all the operations that modify the historical, book or fiscal value of an asset. It is a table with automatic columns: by selecting the type of amortisation, the description of the operation is automatically entered (sale, write-down, revaluation, amortisation ...); via the selection of the article ID the description of the article is automatically inserted. When scrolling the table, you have a complete view of all the events during the year. If you realize that you have made a mistake, you can modify to always have perfect accounting.
- Amortisation type
This table where amortisation codes are to be entered so that, when you buy a new asset you can decide which type of amortisation to attribute: on historical value, book value, on a specific amount, full amortisation and no amortisation. Once the codes have been established, they must not be changed to ensure consistency and correctness in the calculations. The column of codes is visible both in the Items table and in that of the Journal, so as to always be in control of which amortisation has been calculated.
- Transaction type
This table defines the types of operations to be resumed in the Journal table. Each operation has an identification ID that must not be changed, so that the same description is always used in the journal table. This facilitates and speeds up the insertion of data in the Journal table.
Fixed Assets Register headers and basic data set up in a single, easy-to-view dialog.
- Company headings and address with free texts.
- Language settings.
- Link to extensions for customizations.
- Password to secure your Amortisation Register file.
- You can have multiple files in different languages.
Easy and precise management thanks to the accounting logic
Unlike Excel spreadsheets, changes in value (amortisation, new purchases, write-downs) are not entered in columns, but in a table of transactions.
- The Items table lists the individual assets, with the date, purchase value, type and percentage of amortisation and other elements.
- The amortisation, revaluations or write-downs for each individual asset are indicated in the Transactions table.
- It is the history of all the changes in the value of the asset, from purchase to disposal.
- The Create amortisation rows command calculates the amortisation based on the settings in the Items table and generates transaction rows.
- Amortisation can be calculated monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or annually.
- Transaction values can be entered and edited manually. You can thus easily resolve any exception or special case.
- You can enter transactions for increases in value, special amortisation, tax value adjustments or other.
- Amortisation operations are resumed in the accounting file via the Import into accounting command.
Each item has different values
In contrast to accounting, where only the current book value is generally kept, different values are kept for each item in the Fixed assets register.
- Start from the initial purchase value, which is entered manually in the items table.
- All other values are calculated by the program by adding the variations entered in the transactions table.
- For each type of variation there is a special column In the Transactions table where to enter values.
- Increases are entered as a positive.
- The decreases (such as amortisation) are entered as a negative.
- For each value there is the total and the variation in the items table.
|Initial value (manually entered in the Items table)|
|+||Purchases. Own production of modernization- Sales|
|=||Purchase value of the asset (The total outlay for the purchase).|
|+||Revaluations (for example following inflation)|
|-||Write downs (the historical value changes, other than amortisation which only changes the accounting value).|
|=||Historical value (calculation basis for linear amortisation)|
|+||Historical value (calculation basis for linear amortisation)|
|=||Book value (basis for calculating amortisation on residual value)|
|+||Increase in tax value (amortisation not recognized for tax purposes)|
|-||Decrease in tax value|
|=||Tax value (value recognized by the tax authorities)|
This way the program has all the elements to calculate amortisation automatically.
File and data saving
- All your data is saved in a single file, where you can easily retrieve everything without wasting time.
- Give the file the name you want.
- You can manage an unlimited number of files.
- Save data on any media, computer, network, cloud or send it by email. You can access it from wherever you are.
- Simultaneous access by multiple users, where, however, only one person can open the file to be edited.
- Make your accounting more secure by inserting password protection.
- In the columns you can see the amounts in the format used by your computer, without having to get used to other formats that are not familiar to you.
- You choose the identifier of the article freely (numeric or alpha-numeric account, up to 256 characters).
- Balance, item movement and totals displayed at the same time and always updated.
- Add more columns for notes, grouping or other.
- In the Links column you can add a digital link for the registered item (receipt, purchase invoice, warranty).
- In all tables you have predefined columns that you can make visible by choice.
- The Search command allows you to quickly search for an item.
- You can sort the rows according to different sorting keys.
- Export to pdf for data storage and export to other formats for data re-processing.
- Importing data from other programs in Text, Ascii and CSV format, with the following options:
- Import data from the clipboard.
- Auto completion of values.
- Column header.
- Unicode (Utf-8).
- Columns for the archive of products no longer available.
Error reporting and control
- Command to check accounting.
The accounting is recalculated instantly as if all the operations were entered again.
- Reporting of any wrong settings, differences or errors.
- Each report is linked to a help page that explains the causes and the solution.
- Possibility to correct.
Reports and prints
- Table content completely printable or can be printed by selection only.
- Add your own logo for customization of documents and prints.
- Customizable column arrangement.
- Accounting transactions report
- Journal view (Items cards).
Data export and archiving
- Copy and paste directly to and from Excel.
- Export tables to pdf and various other formats.
- Archiving of printouts and data to pdf or other formats.
- Extensions for creating Standard Audit Files.
- Saving of the accounting file on any medium.
- Predefined extensions for various printing and other features.
- Quick search and installation.
- Customizable extensions.
- Automatic update.
- Possibility to create and install your own local extensions.
- Each dialog and error has its own documentation page accessible in one click.
- Constantly updated documentation.
- Questions and answers.
- Documentation also available in PDF format.
The fixed assets register is an application included in Banana Accounting Plus. It allows easy management of your amortisable assets and quickly obtains all the values you need, as well as the automatic posting of amortisation at the end of the year.