In order to create the amortisation rows click on Actions menu → Create amortisation rows command.
- The date for the calculation of the amortisation
- The period of the amortization calculation, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or annual.
The program creates the amortization rows based on the parameters of the items indicated in the Items table.
- If the parameters Amrt. Type, Percentage, Account or Contra account are not entered for a single item, the software will use the group parameters of which the item is a part to create the amortization transactions.
- The amount of depreciation is reduced to ensure that the book value does not go negative or is not less than the Residual value.
- Automatically calculated record values can be adjusted manually
- Value adjustment records, such as devaluations or revaluations, must be entered manually.
Change the automatically calculated values
The rows that the program has created can be modified or deleted. This flexibility is very useful, as there are situations in which the automatically calculated value needs to be adjusted. This way, it is possible to cover all requirements and unexpected events.
In those cases, the amortization value will be calculated manually and entered instead of the automatic value, such as:
- First amortization, calculated according to different methods.
- Rounding adjustments.
- Final amortization adjustment, to ensure that the amortisation is entire.
- Amortize to maintain an accurate final value.
- Additional amortisation, in this case it is useful to create a new transaction row.
It is also possible to insert transactions that modify the other values as well.
Change in the type of amortisation
Amortization is recorded in the Transactions table, so changes in the Items table have no impact on past amortization.
You can change the amortisation type and percentage by simply changing the relative values for an item or group, in the Items table. The next time the new amortisation rows are created, the new parameters will be used.
If you need to adjust the book value, you can optionally:
- Add a new transaction with the adjustment amounts.
- Change the transaction created automatically.