- Setting up the register
- Activating the Address columns (optional)
- Setting up the Suppliers' parameters
To create the Suppliers' register, add at the end of the Chart of accounts:
- A * section (header) (see Sections)
- A 02 section for the Suppliers (see Sections)
- The Suppliers' accounts that are needed (see Adding a new account). The account numbering can be freely chosen.
- The total Suppliers will be totalized in the summary groupe 200A of the Gr column.
- The same code or number used for the Gr (200A), must be used in the Liabilities Group column, in the row corresponding to the Total Suppliers. The groups numbering can be freely chosen (see Groups).
Managing the Suppliers' register with the Cost centers
In case you don't want Suppliers to be visible on the Balance Sheet (for example, for transactions with VAT on cash received), Suppliers accounts can be created by using the Cost centers (CC3). This process is similar to the Clients cost centers.
It is possible to add some specific columns in the Chart of accounts, to insert the address and other Supplier data:
- Choose the Add new functionalities command from the Tools menu
- Choose the Add addresses columns in the Accounts table command
(If you don't see this option in the list, it means that this function has already been activated).
The programme adds in the Accounts table:
- An Address view where the added columns are visible.
- The columns that allow to insert the address data and other information.
- To display one or more of these columns, use the Columns setup command from the Data menu, also in the other views.
- To create other views with only certain columns, use the Views setup command.
Select the Accounts table, Address view and add the desired information to the Suppliers accounts.
- Select the Reports - Suppliers - Settings command
- Please indicate in "Group or account", the group of the Chart of accounts in which the different Suppliers' accounts are grouped.
- For an explanation of the different options, go to Customers and Suppliers settings.