The new Payments function allows you to create payment orders (pain.001) either from a list of transactions or by scanning the QR codes on received invoices.
The pain.001 files are XML messages that contains details of the payments to be made and that can be uploaded to the portal of the major financial institutions. Banana currently supports the Swiss payment standards (SPS).
More info Payment orders PAIN.001.
Prerequisites and important notes
- Currently the payment functionality is available in the Dev-Channel version, so please install the latest version of Banana Accounting+ Dev Channel.
- This extension works only with the Advanced Plan, you can request a 1 month promo code from our support service.
- The extension is currently in Beta Test, please check everything and report any problem.
How to create the payment file (pain.001)
- Open your accounting file (double entry accounting or income-expense accounting ) or download our example file Payments_2022_en.ac2
- In the Accounts table, verify the presence of the Address view.
You can add it using the menu command Tools > Add/Remove functionalities... > Add Address columns in Accounts table.
If your Address columns are different (e.g. missing IBAN, see the documentation Address view.
- The first time, install the Payment functionalities with the command Tools > Add/Remove functionalities... > Add payment functionalities
- Set up the debit bank account, which will be used when creating the payment order. In the Accounts table, select the debit account and complete the following data (Address view):
- Name, surname or company name (bank account holder)
- IBAN (IBAN account of the bank or postal account to be debited)
- Bank clearing (BIC code of the financial institution to be debited)
- Check and update the address and payment information of your suppliers in the Accounts table (Address view).
If you don't have a list of suppliers, please define it according to our explanation in the Suppliers section.
If you make payments by scanning QR-Codes you don't need to setup the addresses because all information for the payment is included in the QR-Code
- In the Transactions table enter the invoices of your suppliers or scan your QR-Codes
- Insert or complete the payment data by clicking directy on the cell Payment Data.
Ensure that all transactions to be paid are completed with the payment data.
- Select the command Reports > Suppliers > Create payment file
- Please fill in with the name of the account holder to be debited, their corresponding IBAN, and BIC code. If you have previously entered this information in the Accounts table, it will be automatically suggested.
If you wish to view the individual payments that make up the order in the bank statement, select the "Individual booking" option.
Press the "Next" button.
- A summary of the payment file is displayed and you can specify where to save it. Click on Finish, you will be asked to save the payment file, which you can upload to your bank. Note: In Banana it's not possible to connect to your bank and transmit the file, you need to upload the file from your computer into the bank app or website.
- After saving the XML file, a new transaction row with the object payment/file will be added to the end of the Transactions table.
- When a payment order is created, the respective payment records are not created in Banana, since the file must be sent to the bank and the payment is not confirmed yet (e.g. if the debit account is incorrect, the orders will not will be executed). To automatically create the payment transactions, it is possible to import the bank's ISO 20022 file into Banana, which contains all the payments made. To display payments individually on the account statement, the "Individual booking" option must be activated, otherwise only the total amount will be displayed on the account statement.