The account or category card corresponds to the ledger and allows you to have a complete list of the accounting entries concerning the same account, the same category, a cost center, a segment or a group.
Open the account card
There are two ways to open and print an account or category card.
This method is recommended when you want to view and print all or several account/category cards.
- Via the Reports → Account / Category Cards menu
A dialog box with the following sections appears:
For detailed information on the sections, click on the corresponding links.
This method can be used when you need to open only one card at a time within the tables.
- Click on the small icon that appears when you select the cell that contains the account, category or group number.
The account or category card is temporary and is calculated at the time of the request. If transactions are changed or added in the Transactions table, the account card is not updated simultaneously.
To update the account card, following changes, it is necessary to use the Account / category card command again, or if the account card is still open, click on the symbol shown in the image below.
It is not possible to change the data in the account, category or group card. Within the account card, by double clicking on the row number, the program switches to the corresponding row of the Transactions table or of the Estimate.
The Account Selection column
In the Account selected column, which can be made visible, starting from any account card, via the Data → Columns setup menu, the account on which the transaction took place will be displayed.
When you get an account card of one or more accounts, categories, groups and segments, you see exactly which account is used.
Cards of groups or classes
In the account card of a group or class, all the transactions of those accounts belonging to the selected group or class are regrouped.
The accounts or categories of the group or class can be viewed by making the Account Selected column visible.
Once the budget transactions have been entered in the Budget table, it is possible to have the account or group cards of the budget:
- Reports menu → Account / category cards → activate Budget transaction.
Print the ledger (account cards)
To print the cards:
- Reports menu → Account cards
- Through the Filter it is possible to automatically select all the account cards to be printed or partially (eg only accounts, cost centers or segments).
- In the various sections Period, Options, Customization the desired functions are activated (eg period, one account per page ....).
- Confirm with OK after setting the desired options.
The selected account cards will be displayed on screen. To print, click on the File → Print menu.
Insert a logo in the account cards
As per Banana 9 version, it is possible to insert a logo also in the printout of the account cards.
After creation of the account card detail, proceed as follows:
- Reports menu → Account cards
- File menu → Print preview.
- In the dialog box that opens, under Logo, indicate your logo (instead of none).
More detailed information is available on the Logo setup page.
Save the settings
If you happen to regularly print the cards of certain accounts, for example all those of sales, it is useful to create a relevant customization:
- Report menu → Account cards → Customization section
click on the New button
- Indicate the name in the description, for example "Sales Accounts"
- Select the accounts you want to print
- From the File → Page setup menu you can determine the margins and other page settings.
Whenever you need to print the accounts, select the customization you created.