These are extensions of the program's functionalities, for reporting, calculating, exporting, importing, establishing bills and reminders and other.
They need to be set up by the user by clicking the appropriate button in the Extensions menu > Manage Extensions dialog, for example Import into accounting.
The Extensions menu lists all the already installed Banana Extensions related to the file that is open at the moment. By selecting the command, the indicated Extension will be executed.
The Manage Extensions command allows you to search for, install, alter your settings or uninstall Banana Extensions.
Installing a new Extension
For installing a new Extension, visit our Manage Extensions page.
Technical information on Banana Extensions
Herewith some technical information on Banana Extensions
- They are very secure and cannot perform functions that might impact on the operating system.
- Single Extensions.
- Extension package
A compressed file with the .sbaa extension, which can contain several other files, necessary for the application, such as commands, images, dialogues. A package can contain several commands. The title of the package and the commands it contains are indicated in the Extensions menu.
If you disable a package, all Extensions will be disabled.
Prerequisites for running Extensions
The commands for running Banana Extensions are only made available if the current file (the one on which you are working) has the features required by the Extensions. If any features are missing, the Extension will either not be visible or not executable in the Extensions menu.
- Extensions are available in specific context:
Commands that can be recalled in the Extensions menu.
Available via the Import into accounting command.
Available in the Extensions menu. The user should define the file name at the end of the process.
- Invoice report
Extensions that prepare the invoice printing Report > Customers > Print invoices.
- Reminders report
Prepares the reminders to be printed. They are available via Report > Customers > Print reminders.
- Statement reports
Prepares the statements to be printed. They are available via Report > Customers > Print statements.
- Association via a File Type
This requires the current file to be - for example - an Accounting file, or the double entry file, or addresses.
- Association via a property
Some Extensions will only be executable if the relevant word is specified in the File properties, Other section (from the File menu).
For example, the List of Administrators to be printed, that require specific fields, will require the word "Administrator".
Subscription to Advanced plan required
Some extensions are available in the Free and Professional plans, while several others require the Advanced plan.
The required plan information is indicated in the extension itself.
- The Advanced plan is required to run local and web-downloaded extensions.
- Some extensions requiring the Advanced plan can also be used with other plans only as long as the accounting file has less than 70 rows.
Develop your own Extensions
Anyone can create Banana Extensions that extend the functionality of the program:
- Programming fluency is required.
- A subscription to the Advanced plan of Banana Accounting Plus is necessary.
To develop a Banana Extension, it is recommended to set out from an existing project.
- Start from an example available on the github.com \ BananaAccounting site
- Please refer to the developer documentation.
- Install the application via the Extensions menu > Manage extensions command.