The Swiss system for VAT calculation, provides for calculated to the cent, without rounding.
For those who need to have VAT amounts rounded up to cents, the following procedure is followed:
- In the Transactions table, post normally by applying the appropriate VAT code
- On the next row, post the expense or revenue account used in the previous line in debit and credit
- In the amount column, enter the cents to be rounded
- In the VAT Code column, enter a VAT code with amount type 2 (100% VAT amount), for example M81-2
- When the cents are to be decreased, enter the code with the minus sign in front of "-M81-2".