Working hours are entered here, as well as notes and eventual data carried forward.
Typology of rows, colors, and formats
When creating a new file, the rows of the Journal are generated automatically by the program. When using an existing template, they will already be predefined.
Daily rows are used for entering your data. Multiple rows can be used for a same day. The description in the second row will be slightly spaced to the right when this is used.
- Normal rows - refer to rows for working hours.
- Rows in - refer to non working days.
- Rows high-lighted in yellow - refer to the current date.
Carried over, Start, Total and Balance rows
The Carried over, Start, Total and Progressive row are indicated in bold character.
- The Carried over row will automatically display holidays and hours belonging to the previous year, that were entered via File property → Start.
- The Start rows refer to the start of the year and month. Enter the values for holidays and moth at the beginning of the year.
- The Total rows refer to the end of the year and month. The total of columns are automatically reported and totalized here.
- The Balance rows are automatically calculated by the program and will the progressive value of the columns that contain data.
Journal table view
The Journal table is created with a series of columns that will cover the major part of your requirements.
Predefined columns are displayed, depending on the view you select:
- Base - displays the main principal columns.
- Minimal - displays the columns to enter your data.
- Complete - displays all available columns of the Journal.
Columns for the Journal in Base view
The Base view displays the principal columns in use for the Time sheet.
This column is protected and is used to insert the date of the day.
This column for calibrating the type of day. If the cell remains empty, the value will be set to the one defined in the File properties, or to the one defined with the W code (see below).
Possible values are:
- Empty. Working day
- 0 - The current day is set as festive (the row will be displayed in red).
- 1 - The current day is set as non-working (the row will be displayed in blue).
- 2 - The current day is a working day. It overwrites the predefined value.
-  - A festive day set up automatically as defined in File properties. There will be no value in the Due column.
-  - A up day set up automatically as defined in File properties. There will be no value in the Due column.
- W0 - Defines the current day as festive. The same day in successive weeks will be set up with a value of (0).
- W1 - Defines the current day as non-working day. The same day in successive weeks will be set up with a value of (1).
- W2 - Defines the current day as working day. The same day in successive weeks will be set up with a value of (2)
- WR - Resets the current day to the value of the predefined one from the File properties.
- WA - Resets the current day to the value of the predefined one from the File properties. The same day in successive weeks will be set up with a value of Properties file.
This column is used by the program to generate the name of the day date based on your data.
If you wish a different text than the one suggested by the program, enter a your one preceded by the # character (ex. #Christmas, #National Holiday).
Start1, Stop1, Start2, Stop2...
These columns allow you to enter the stop and start date of worked hours. Auto complete will show the Daily differences.
Column to insert hours of absence due to sick leave.
Column to insert hours of holidays due to sick leave.
Column to insert any adjustment values.
This column is protected. The program uses it to automatically insert the total sum of hours worked, extra hours, leaves and adjustments.
This column helps you define, if needed, the value of Due amounts (hours worked).
If the Due code is left empty, the due value is completed by the software, according to the File menu → File and accounting settings → Start.
To change the Due amount in the Journal table:
- Reset Due code.
Codes to be entered in the Due code column, in order to edit the daily due from the row you are in. You will then need to enter the new value in the Due column.
- DS (Set Today) the due hours for the current day, without modifying other days.
- WS (Set Week Day)
Sets the due hours for a specific week day and for the same days for the subsequent weeks.
- PS (Set Predefined)
Sets the due hours for that day and successive days, keeping same preset value.
- Reset Due code.
- WR (Reset Week Day).
Resets the predefined value for the week day.
- WA (Reset All Week Days)
Resets all predefined values related to the weekdays.
- PR (Reset Predefined)
Resets the general predefined value. Removes the general predefined value.
- PA (Reset Predefined and Week Day)
Resets the general predefined value and the ones of the week.
It will be like starting from scratch.
- WR (Reset Week Day).
- Code to reset the Progressive calculation
- RP (Restart progressive)
The Progressive column amount will restart from zero. Insert this code in the first row of the month, when all hourly worked hours have been payed for the previous week.
- RP (Restart progressive)
This column is protected. The software will automatically calculate the difference between hours worked and hours due. At the end of each month the total for hours due is carried forward
- If no data is present in the Due column, the program will use those present in the Properties file -Start tab.
- When codes are entered in the Due column, calculations will be executed on the basis of those codes (see previous paragraph).
- All of the rows in Festive that contain 0 (festive) or 1 (non working), in the Due column will display an empty cell.
This column is protected. The software will automatically calculate the difference between hours worked (Total) and hours due (Due). Totals for the differences will be reported for month and year end.
This column is protected. The software will automatically calculate the difference between hours worked (Total) and hours due (Due). Totals for the progressive differences will be reported for month and year end.
Columns for the Journal in Complete view
Additional columns to the Base view will be available in the Complete view.
This is a protected column. It is used by the program to make a distinction between the lines to be used for data entry and system specific lines.
The codes used are: AllStart, YearStart_2020, MonthStart_202001, MonthTotal_202001, MonthBalance_202001, SpaceAfterMonth_202001.
Values of a code is defined by different elements:
- All - Refers to all rows.
- Year - Refers to the rows of the Year.
- Month - Refers to the rows of the Month.
- Week - Refers to the rows of the Week.
- Day - Refers to the rows of the Day.
- CarryForward - Rows report previous year. Automatically generated by the software from Properties file.
- Start - Opening rows. Insert initial balances (planned holidays, effective holidays etc).
- Total - Rows used for totals (columns related to daily hours, adjustments to Start or Carry Forward Balances).
- Balance - Holiday balance. Displays difference between balance of holidays due that are carried over and current holidays due and taken).P
- SpaceAfterMonth - To specify that there must be an empty row (year, month or day referred by the identifier).
Column used to insert additional description.
Use this column to add a client, project or other identification number.
Lavoro1 e Lavoro2 (solo versione Experimental) Si possono inserire delle ore di lavoro particolari (es. notti, festivi). In parallelo a queste colonne si utilizzano anche le colonne di supplemento seguenti: Supplemento - Si può inserire un supplemento in ore e minuti. Può essere usato anche per gestire dei recuperi o delle penalità per ritardi o altro. Supplemento percentuale
La percentuale di maggiorazione del tempo lavorato che verrà applicata al totale tempo lavorato.
Se nello stesso giorno si fanno sia ore senza supplemento che ore con supplemento, bisogna inserire i tempi su due righe:
Aggiungi riga giorno Sulla prima riga si andrà a indicare il lavoro (inizio e fine) normalmente. Nella seconda riga si indicheranno le ore supplementari e si indicherà l'apposita percentuale.
Se si desidera il totale giornaliero direttamente nella tabella, si dovrà aggiungere una riga di totale giornaliero.
Supplemento calcolato - La colonna è protetta. Il supplemento è calcolato applicando la percentuale al tempo totale lavorato. Supplemento totale - La colonna è protetta. Visualizza il totale delle colonna supplemento e supplemento calcolato. Questo valore viene sommato nella colonna totale ore.
This is a protected column. This is used by the software to automativcally calculate the total of hours worked.
Dettaglio This is a protected column. È utilizzata dal programma per visualizzare in automatico i dettagli di lavoro (es. progetti). Vedi dettagli Gestione Progetti.
Supplemento Si può inserire il tempo di lavoro supplementare retribuito diversamente.
%Supplemento Si può inserire la percentuale di lavoro supplementare retribuito diversamente.
Supplemento calcolato This is a protected column. È utilizzata dal programma per calcolare il tempo supplementare, indicato nella colonna Supplemento o Supplemento %.
Supplemento total This is a protected column. It is used by the program to calculate the total overtime worked, indicated in the Supplement or % Supplement column.
Compulsory leaves, such as military duties, civil service or other can be registered here.
Different types of absence can be defined. Do not indicate Sick Leave or Holidays in the Service column, if you use this option.
This is a protected column. It is used by the software to calculate the total hours of absence leave.
Split1 and Split2
These columns may be used to distinguish between hours invested in different projects.