Before contacting us, please verify if your question is one of the following:
- Is Banana Accounting 7 compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 "El Capitan"?
Yes, the program is compatible.
- Is Banana Accounting 7 available for iOS?
At the moment, there is no Banana Accounting version available for iOS, but we are planning to release one in the future.
- Is Banana Accounting 7 available for Android?
Yes, Banana for Android is available from on version 7.0.6. More information can be found on the Android page.
- How many mandates can be managed with Banana Accounting?
Banana Accounting has no limits on mandates. You can manage an unlimited number of mandates.
- I installed Banana Accounting 7 and the accounting file opens in the preceding version. What can I do?
Click with the right mouse key on the file icon and from the dialog window that appears, select "Open with". Select the Banana 7 program. For more information, see Associate .ac2 files with the most recent Banana version.
- When the Banana 7 Starter Edition is being installed, the Banana 6 icons become Banana 7. What can be done?
Open the Banana 6 files and in the Tools menu, Program Options, click on the button "Associate *.ac2 files to the program".
- Is there a multi-license version?
If your company needs several licenses, these can be ordered through our order form, indicating in the notes that you wish to receive one single license key. From on 10 licenses, a discount of 5% is being granted. For other quantities, please consult our price list.
- Transferring from one Operating System to another.
Besides the Windows version, Banana Accounting 7 exists also in a native version for Mac and Linux. Each version has its own license; therefore, Banana Accounting 7 cannot be installed on different Operating Systems with one single license key. In order to go from one Operating System to another, a specific license for Windows, Mac or Linux must be bought. Those who already have one or another Banana version, can buy version 7 for Windows, Mac and Linux at the upgrade price.
- Is the Cash book free in version 7?
The Cash book is not free in version 7. It is included in the complete version that is for sale.
- How to convert from one accounting type unto another (for exemple, from an accounting without VAT to one with VAT)
It is possible to go from one type of accounting to another with the Convert to new file command from the Tools menu. The program creates a new file that should be saved under a new name. It maintains all the data that have already been entered and adds (or eliminates) the columns that are specific to the new accounting type.
- Does Banana Accounting generate invoices or manage the inventory?
At this time, we have no modules to generate invoices or to manage the inventory.
- Banana Accounting needs to be reinstalled, but I can’t find my license key…
- In case you still have access to the software, click on the Help menu-> Manage license keys and send us the registration code by email, with a request to receive your own license key once more. This is a service for which you will be charged.
- What should I do with my own data files when I update Banana Accounting?
Nothing: your data files are automatically updated when opened with a new version.
- Banana 7 and incompatible exchange rates from previous versions
When the basic currency is entered as the reference currency, the exchange rates with a multiplier greater than 1 can present calculation differences between Banana 7 and the previous versions.
To solve the problem, please consult our page Incompatible exchange rates from previous versions.
- Is it possible to import data from other accounting softwares?
Yes, just follow the instructions on this internet page: Transferring data from other accounting software.
- Can I install Banana Accounting on my laptop or on a second computer?
Installation on a laptop or on a second computer (with the same license key) is allowed as long as both computers belong to the same owner.
- Support for purchases through Share-it
Credit Card purchases are managed by our partner Share-it! For further information or any possible problems, please visit their support page.
- In the printout of the Enhanced belance sheet by groups, the expenses and revenue have the minus sign in front of the amount. Why?
In the Accounts table, check the BClass column; the numbers should be as follows: 1 for the Assets, 2 for the Liabilities, 3 for the Expenses and 4 for the Revenue. Also, check the Section column: there should be 1 in the row of the Assets title, 2 for the Liabilities, 3 for the Expenses and 4 for the Revenue, 01 for the Clients register, 02 for the Suppliers register, 03 for the Cost centers en 04 for the Profit centers.
- Password recovery
If you are not able to remember the password anymore, our technicians can recover it for you, so that you will have access to your file. Please send us your support request by email, with the file attached to it. Very soon you will receive an email with your password. Password recovery is a paid service.