With Banana, you can easily transfer data from any accounting program, passing through MS-Excel.
- With the accounting program, export the data in a format that can be read by Excel (CSV, txt, ...)
- Open the file with Excel
- In Excel, organize the data (columns) as they appear in the Banana tables (Accounts, Transactions)
- Open your new accounting file in Banana
- In the Accounts or Transactions table, add as many empty rows as there are rows to transfer from Excel.
- In Excel, select the data to be copied and use the "Copy" command
- Go in Banana and execute the "Paste" command.
This method is useful to transfer data from MS-Money, Intuit Quicken and Quickbooks, and from most other accounting programs.