How to use it / introduction
This is an application that allows you to keep a list of books, objects and contacts, and check on objects borrowed and returned.
Creating a Library and collections file
Menu File → New... and select the Banana Library template (also make sure you have selected English as search language).
You can also find the template directly at the following link https://www.banana.ch/apps/en/node/8109
If you open a Library and collections file you will find several tables:
- Groups table - where you can assign to each user a group, for example to partition children between Kindergarten and Primary school users, etc.
- Contacts table - where you can enter users data: name, telephone, email, ...
- Items table - where you can enter your items data: valuables, books or other.
- Loans table - where you can enter the checked out items, the expiration date and the return date.
- Diary table - where you can enter daily notes and connect them to a specific contact, for example the librarians' shifts.
Other useful commands
Everything that you see on screen can be printed or saved in a pdf format.
Use the Library books report extension to obtain:
- printout of the complete book catalog in pdf, to be published on the internet
- printout of the users details with the books they have loaned and the ones still to be returned (to be sent as an attachment when sending reminders).