In the chart of accounts (Accounts table) the following data are entered:
- The accounts
They indicate on what account (debit ore credit) the transactions must be registered.
Each account has a code or number (account number), a description, a class and a group to which it belongs; they also have an opening balance, the current balance, the budget, etc...
- Costs and Profits centers
They are special accounts whose number is preceded by a full stop ".", a comma "," or by a semi-colon ";". Their purpose is to be able to assign some amounts to special accounts other than the basic accounting accounts.
They are a sort of sub-accounts who's number is preceded by a ":". Their purpose is to be able to assign some transactions to subcategories of the accounting plan.
Their purpose is to create rows where the program adds up the amounts of other rows.
They indicate the accounting plan divisions for the Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Statement printouts, ...
Explanation of the columns of the Double-entry accounting
Codes are being entered that allow the user to only print determined parts of the Chart of accounts, when printing the Enhanced Balance sheet by groups.
- GroupContains the code that defines that this is a group row. The group code is then used in the GR column to indicate the totalization of an account or group.
The account number, cost center or segment is being entered.
A text to indicate the name of the account, group, or section.
- BClassIt indicates whether the account is 1 = Assets, 2 = Liabilities, 3 = Expenses, 4 = Revenue, see the Accounts
- Gr (Totalize in)
It indicates a group so that the program can totalize this line in the group.
- Gr1 e Gr2
- Opening balancesInsert the account balances at the beginning of the year.The amounts in credit must be entered preceded by a minus sign. The total of the debit amounts (positive) and those in credit (negative) must balance and result in zero. If the opening balances do not balance a difference is shown in the information window.If you have added or pasted accounts and the difference is not correct, proceed with a Recheck of the accounting (Shift + F9)
- Movement Debit and Movement Credit (Protected columns)The total of the debit and credit movements included in the Transactions table.
- Balance (Protected column)
The balance of the account includes the opening balance and the movements in debit and credit.The balance in debit is positive, while a credit balance is negative (minus sign).
The budget amount for the current year is being entered.The budget amount for the Expenses (debit) must be inserted in positive, the Revenue in negative (credit).
Difference Budget (Protected column)
The diffrence between Balance and Budget amount.
The balance of the account at the end of the preceding year.
With the command "Create new year" or "Update opening balances", the values in the Balance column of the file of the preceding year are being carried forward.
When a new accounting is being created and the user wants to obtain printouts with the amounts of the preceding year, the values of that year have to be entered manually.
- Prior Difference (Protected column)
The difference between the Balance and the amount of last year.
If this column contains the value "1", the account will not be suggested in the list of available accounts.
The VAT number in case this account is linked to a client or a supllier.
The VAT code that needs to be applied automatically, when this account is being entered in the debit A/c or credit A/c column of the Transactions.
- Adress columns
It is possible to have the program add address columns to manage the dati of customers or suppliers.
Adding or moving columns
- When an Amount column is being added in the Chart of accounts, the program composes the total of the amounts according to the selected grouping scheme
Added columns of the Number type, on the contrary, are not being totaled.
- With the Columns setup command, the columns can be made visible, the sequences can be altered and it is also possible to add other columns.
- With the Page setup command one can also define the layout of the print (portrait or landscape) and the zoom.
- Base Displayed are the principal columns, the grouping columns and the balances
- Transaction Displayed are the columns with the Debit and Credit transactions.
- Budget Displayed are the Budget column and the Difference Budget column.
- Previous Displayed are the Prior column and the Difference Prior columns regarding the previous year
- Other The Disable column, the VAT number and the Fiscal number column are being displayed.
- Print Just the Account column, the Description and the Balance is being displayed.
Printout of Balance sheet and Profit & Loss Statement
The following commands allow the user to display and print the accounts in a different way:
- Accounting report
It is possible to select just the accounts with transactions, to obtain temporary groupings or accounts grouped according to the BClass or an external grouping scheme.
- Enhanced Balance sheet
Prints all the accounts of the accounting divided by Assets, Liabilities, Expenses and Revenue
- Enhanced Balance sheet by groups
Allows the user to obtain customized printouts with groups