By creating an Extension you can add new functionalities to the Banana Accounting Plus software:
- Create your own calculations or reports
- Interest calculation
- Statistics on transactions data
- Report based on special query
- Import data from proprietary file format
- Import data from a bank file format and automatically assign accounts.
- Import data from an invoice software.
- Consolidate accounting data entered with other software.
- Export data in a custom format
- Create an Export file for the Tax authorities.
- Export the balances of some accounts in a format ready to be published on internet or inserted in other documents.
- Check the accounting data
- Test transactions for a particular condition; You can show the rows that didn't meet the condition in a table, or display a message with detailed information to the user.
- Modify the accounting data
- This functionality called Document Patch is only available on the Experimental version and is still in development.
- Append, insert, delete or modify transactions.
- Modify single row's fields, like for example the row's description or the transaction's exchange rate.
- Import external data and insert new accounts as well as new transactions in one single run.
In the Banana Accounting Marketplace you find many useful extensions.
- View and Install in Menu Extensions > Manage Extensions
- Reference documentation
This will show you how an extension file is structured.
- Extension package
The package allows to pack many extensions together and also include different source and other resource files.
- The different Extension's types
You can create extensions for import, preparing reports, etc.
- Installation and running
- Introduction do major topics
- Start writing an extension.
Fully commented class documentation and examples
- Developing, Testing and Debugging