New Swiss VAT rates 2024
New VAT rates go into effect on 01.01.2024. Choose Banana Accounting Plus Advanced plan for a smooth transition.
- Automatically import the new rates into the VAT Codes table.
- Receive the VAT Statement in paper facsimile format or as an XML file ready for upload to AFC.
- Dramatically reduce your work time with advanced built-in features.
With Banana Accounting 9
- You CANNOT automatically import new 2024 VAT Codes; you can enter them manually.
- You CANNOT create the VAT Statement , but you can get the VAT Report from the Account1 menu command.
Choose Banana Accounting Plus - Advanced plan - get 1 month free!
VAT account reset at the end of the quarter report
At the end of the period, the VAT account balance will be charged to the Due VAT account (or to the Treasury VAT account).
VAT account card before charging the period balance to the Due VAT account
Transaction for charging the quarter balance to the Due VAT account
VAT account card after charging the period balance to the Due VAT account
The Due VAT account (or the Treasury VAT account) will have a zero balance when you pay the due VAT.
With this system you can control your balance each quarter and in case of mistakes you can find in which period the balance does not correspond any more.
Due VAT account card after quarter payment
Note: the VAT payment process we just explained refers to the Swiss effective VAT payment method and the Swiss flat rate payment method with VAT separation.
If you use the Swiss flat rate payment methos without VAT separation, you can find specific information on the VAT payment and accounting assestment page (available only in Italian, German or French).
How to register a credit note (Switzerland)
If at the end of a period, when calculating the VAT report, the previous VAT is bigger than the due VAT, your VAT report has a Debit balance.
In order to charge the VAT report account you need to enter a transaction as follows:
- put in Debit A/C the Due VAT account
- put in Credit A/C the VAT report account
Usually in Switzerland the VAT credit is reimbursed, without having to move the credit to the following period.
When your VAT is reimbursed you need to enter a transaction as follows:
- put in Debit A/C your equity account
- put in Credit A/C your Due VAT account (where the balance should go to zero)