The Import to accounting command from the Account1 menu makes it possible to import data from different file types.
It is being used to pick up data at regular intervals (for instance, monthly transactions from the bank statement)
In order to transfer data just one single time, please consult Transferring data from other accounting software.
Procedure for importing
- Choose the destination table of the data
- Choose the file type from which to import
- Indicate the file name
- Choose the transactions to be imported
For each data type, there are specifique pages
According to the type of destination table, different import formats are availbale.
However, the following formats are available for all options:
- Text file with column headers
These are files that are especially created with other programs (for example, a program that creates invoices) so that the data can be transferred into Banana Accounting.
Technical indications on how to prepare these type of files can be found here, in English.
- There are also other file types for which a specific import filter exists or has been created.
- The name of the file of which the data need to be imported needs to be indicated here.
- To add or to update import filters.
Scripts that decode file types caqn be created.
- Starts the import.