It is possible to manage the budget by indicating the amount of the annual budget for each account in the Accounts and Categories table. There are at least two approaches:
- Enter the data in the existing Budget column.
If the accounting does not have the Budget table, the Budget column in the Accounts and Categories table is editable.
- Add other columns to insert the budget values.
Editable budget column
If the accounting does not have the Budget table, the Budget column in the Accounts and Categories table is editable. If the file contains the Budget table and you don't need it, you can remove it with the following command:
- Tools menu → Add new functionalities → Remove Budget table.
Once the Budget table has been removed, in the Accounts and Categories table, Budget view, the Budget column is activated and values can be entered.
As a rule, only the budget for income and expenses is indicated (or in double-entry accounting, costs and revenues).
The budget values must be entered on each account; the program calculates the totals automatically, and generates the profit or loss.
- For double-entry accounting, the Revenue (Credit) must be entered as a negative in the Accounts table. Costs (Debit) as a positive.
- For Income and expense accounting, in the Categories table, the revenues must be indicated in positive and the costs in negative.
Budget Difference column
In the Budget Difference column, the program will calculate the difference between the balance and the value in the Budget column.
Print per period
When printing by month or quarter, the program divides the value indicated in the Budget column into monthly quotas.
The program proceeds as follows for subdivisions:
- The number of months, based on the start and end date indicated in the accounting properties (File menu -> Properties and basic data), is calculated.
- The budgeted amount is divided by the number of months calculated.
- Any rounding differences will be added to the last month.
If, for example, you have indicated an amount of 10'000, this will be divided into 11 monthly amounts of 833.33 and one salary of 833.37.
If a quarterly preview has been selected, the value of the quarter will be the sum of the individual months and not the value of the year divided by quarters.
If you want a different planning by month or quarter, you should use the planning with the Budget table.