You can easily prepare financial forecasts including liquidity plans, balance sheet and income statements.
The procedure is the same as for creating the accounting.
1. Create the accounting/forecast file
With the File → New command , create a financial forecast file, using the accounting type and the accounting template that best suits your needs.
You can also start by using one of the templates already prepared for learning, which also contain examples of budget transactions.
- Financial planning for the family (with the Cash Manager)
To plan your family's expenses and income.
- Financial planning for the opening of a restaurant (Income and Expenses Accounting)
This template uses alphabetical account numbers, which make comprehension more immediate.
With income and expenses; even without accounting knowledge, you can create a professional planning, including the liquidity plan, asset forecasts, costs and income.
- Financial planning for the opening of a restaurant (Double-entry Accounting)
For complete financial forecasts, with the double-entry bookkeeping system, intended for those who are familiar with the double-entry bookkeeping method.
This model uses alphabetical account numbers, which make it easier to understand.
There are also sample files for more advanced functionalities:
- Double-entry accounting, using the quantity and formula columns
The different possibilities of using the formula column are listed. With examples and explanations.
- Multi-currency accounting with examples of budget transactions with formulas
To use multi-currency specific formulas.
- With examples of transactions on more complex themes.
Once created you can save the file and give it a name, preferably composed of the company name and the year "company-2020.ac2".
2. Customize the file
Once you have created the file, adapt it to your specific needs:
- Set the File properties.
- The company name.
- The Accounting period.
Normally it is the one corresponding to the calendar year. However, you can indicate another one as needed. See Forecasts over several years.
- Customize the Chart of Accounts.
You can change the description, add or delete accounts or groups.
If necessary, you can adapt the Chart of Accounts at any time later.
- If it’s an activity already in progress, enter the Opening Balances.
3. Enter financial budgeting movements
In the Budget Table you can now enter the financial forecast movements.
4. View the forecasts
The forecast data are visible:
- In the Charts window.
- In the Accounts table, in the Budget column.
- In the Reports, in the Budget column.
- In the Account card, Budget values.
Adapt the forecast
You can change, add or delete transactions at any time. The forecast will be immediately recalculated.