The total amount of the Credit transactions does not match the total amount of the Debit transactions.
- The counterparty account is missing
- A non existing account has been entered
- In a multiple transaction (the one on more than one row), you entered a wrong amount, or you didn't enter all the amounts that compose the multiple transaction.
- The accounting has not been recalculated (Check accounting from the Actions menu).
Locate the row that generated the difference
- Use the Check accounting command.
- Display the Balance column through the Data menu → Columns setup.
- If a difference remains, check the totals column (00) in the Accounts/Categories tab, this will allow you to control which progressive operations do not return a zero result.
How to solve the problem
- Enter the counterparty account number
- Verify in the Accounts table if the account exists. If it is missing, enter it.
- Check the amounts and ascertain that none is missing.