Banana Accounting offers various professional applications, inspired by Excel, to manage the accounting.
The accounting Apps use an accounting calculation, planning and reporting engine, based on the Double-entry accounting method and offer several common features.
Income & Expense accounting
- Cash Manager (previously "Cash Book")
For management of a single account, with the possibility of classifying income and expenses by category.
- Income & Expense accounting.
To manage comprehensive accounting with various balance sheet accounts and categories, to which income and expenses are attributed.
This is a simplified mode of use, that doesn't require knowing about Debit and Credit. There are however Balance Sheet and income statement reports..
- Double-entry accounting.
Full comprehensive accounting solution, according to the Double-entry method. Operations are classified by indicating the Debit and Credit account. The financial statements are complete with Balance Sheet, Income statement, Journal and Account cards.
- Multi-currency accounting.
Double-entry accounting with the possibility of managing accounts in different currencies.
Features for accounting applications
The various accounting applications provide different functionalities - click on the links to learn more:
These features can be activated or added as per your requirements.
The program is easily applied because, if a feature is not used, it is not activated..
- It supports any currency. Symbols are chosen from list or freely set.
- Possibility to alter the number of decimals (generally 2), from 0 to 12 decimals to manage crypto-currencies.
- Accounting period is set as a calendar or freely set (start and end date).
- Choice of accounting language.
Files and data saving (similar to Excel)
Applicable to all Banana applications:
- Create new file starting from preset templates or from own files.
- The data for an accounting year are saved in one single file.
- The file can be located on any media, computer, network, cloud or sent by email.
- Possibility to manage unlimited number of accounting files, of any kind.
- Data is accessible to multiple users simultaneously, but to only one person in edit mode.
Chart of Accounts
- Plan and structure of accounts are fully customizable.
- Numeric or alpha-numeric account and group number.
- Possibility to add notes or further columns.
- Grouping and totals are adaptable and according to any nationally required grouping scheme.
- Balance, account movement and totals are displayed and updated in real time.
- Cost and profit centres, for detailed control of costs and revenues of specific activities or projects.
- Segments for reporting by sector (branch), thanks to Segments.
- Customer details with monitoring of pending invoices, reminders and statements.
- Supplier statements with monitoring of paid and pending invoices.
- Management of customers and suppliers, also as non-Balance Sheet accounts (with cost centre) for accounting managed with the cash method.
- Off-Balance sheet accounts.
- Single or collective transactions.
- Accrual or cash method..
- Use ofExcel type interface, select, copy and paste, add lines, search and replace..
- Suggestions, autocomplete and memorization of repetitive operations for faster input.
- Automatic or customized numbering of documents.
- Ability to edit data entered, organize or add columns and any other information.
- Link to files of receipts in digital format (pdf, images) and opening of documents by a click.
- Import of data from bank statements, with the possibility to complete or remove imported operations.
- Row colouring.
- Possibility to have different displays of columns.
- Contextual information concerning account balance, differences or errors.
Blockchain for data protection
- Protection of movements entered with digital data certification technology (similar to Bitcoin).
- Compliance with legal requirements.
- Transfer of data to auditor with the certainty of impossibility of tampering.
Standard and customized reports:
- Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Journal, Account cards.
- Customization and saving of print settings.
- Export and link data to Excel.
- Overview of account evolution.
- Comparison of Budget and Final Accounts..
- Real time display while entering..
Any national specification supported:
- VAT code table to indicate the different VAT rates and case studies. Any VAT transaction supported.
- Automated VAT calculation, net or gross..
- VAT control reports.
- National extensions for VAT reporting based on the requirements of tax authorities.
- For existing companies or startups.
- Inclusion of planning by means of transactions in budget.
- Automatic assumption of repetitive expenses or income (rent, wages, bank charges, etc.).
- Possibility to indicate item code, quantity and price.
- The program automatically sets up financial plans, complete with liquidity planning, balance forecasts, balance sheet and provisional income statement and movements on an account.
- Automatic financial projections for several years.
- Choice of display per period or
- Comparison between Budget and Finalized Balance Sheet.
Invoices to Customers
- Entering invoices as regular rows of transactions.
- With or without VAT.
- Possibility to modify or correct.
- Print a single invoice with a click or several invoices simultaneously.
- Choice of different print formats available and parametrizable.
- Export in digital format through extensions.
- Customizable reminders and statements.
- Check accounting command. In one click, the accounting is recalculated as if all transactions were inserted again.
- Any erroneous settings, differences or errors will be reported.
- Each report is linked to a help page that explains the causes and provides the solution..
- Possibility to correct.
Year-end closing and Creation of New Year
- Automatic process for creating new year files, with report of balances and profit or loss.
- You may start working on the new year, even if you have not closed the previous one.
- Command to report the final balances when the previous year has been closed.
- Possibility to add and print year-end notes.
- Command for archiving all data and printouts in pdf format.
- Creating new files starting from an existing file.
- Converting from one accounting type to another, in order to grow and add functionalities.
- Accounts as well as customers and suppliers in different currencies.
- Recording with current, historical or freely set exchange rates.
- Invoices in the client's account currency.
- Balance sheet and Transaction entries in the account's base currency or in account currency.
- Calculation of unrealized exchange gains and losses (exchange rate differences).