Import Netherlands' Audit File (BETA)
Accountants can use the SAF-T file reader to reconstruct a complete accounting file in Banana accounting, so they can access the accounting data at any time. Even if they do not have access to the original accounting software, they can view the accounting data, create reports and retrieve other information.
Big advantages for accountants:
- Access to and display of the data from the SAF-T file.
- Accounting data on the computers of the auditors.
- Save time to do the audit.
- Work faster.
- Improves efficiency.
The current "Import Netherland's Audit File" extension is in Beta version. Changes may be made in the future.
We kindly ask our users to cooperate with us to improve the app.
The BananaApp offers the possibility to import the following data from the SAF-T file into Banana accounting:
- Company Information
- General ledger accounts.
- Customer accounts.
- Supplier accounts.
- VAT codes
To use this app and import the data correctly, it is necessary to follow the following steps:
- Install Banana accounting Plus (required Advanced version ).
- Install the extension "Import Netherland's Audit File [BETA]".
- Select the menu Item Tools and choose the command Create file from external data.
- Select the .xml audit file.
- Check the accounting and save the .ac2 file.
See how the SAF-T Reader work
If you don't have any audit file and you want to see how the SAF-T Reader work, we make available some test file you can experiment with.
The extension retrieves the company data present in the audit file and automatically inserts them into the properties of the accounting file. you can view them from the File->File and accounting properties menu.
When the extension is run, the script retrieves the following data from the audit file:
- Ledger accounts
- Account number
- Opening and Current balance
- Customer and supplier accounts
All the requested data is then inserted into the Accounts table Accounts are imported on top of the table , while customers and suppliers are entered at the end.
Use views to display the different fields in the table that interest you, such as the Address view with all the information about customers and suppliers.
Imported transactions are grouped by number. The number of each transaction can be seen in the "Doc" column.
- Date: date of the transaction
- Doc: document number (rows with the same doc number belong to the same transaction)
- Description: description of the transaction
- Debit Account: debit account of the transaction
- Credit Account: credit account of the transaction
- Amount: amount of the transaction
- Vat Code: Used in the registration, is imported inside two square brackets '' so that the code remains only figurative, since the vat has already been calculated in the registration. for more information see the page dedicated to VAT Management.
VAT codes are entered in the 'VAT Codes' table so that they can be used in the records.
- Vat Code: The code identifying the type of rate.
- Description: The description of the rate.
- %Vat: The VAT rate.
For more information on how the vat table works, please visit the page VAT Codes Table.
When the import processes are finished, the accountant can use the chart of accounts, the transactions, the accounting properties and finally all the functions of Banana accounting to help him do his job.
Standard Audit File Reader
- see Standard Audit File Reader documentation.
Feedback and contacts
The SAF-T Reader is a new product. We welcome any feedback on how to improve it or to provide extensions that could make auditing and analytics more easy.
Kindly contact our costumer service specifying "audit file" and the country extension you are using. Also briefly indicate your question or suggestion.