Easily view the content of Standard Audit File (SAF-T) in tables, search for content, past data to Excel. The reader fully recreate a double entry accounting file so that you can quickly verify the data, print Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss and accounts cards. The Banana SAF-T Reader allow you to read Nederland , Norwegian and other country SAF-T files.
How to view the content of a SAF-T file
Follows this simple steps.
- First use
- View the audit file
- Menu->Tools->Create file from external data.
- Select the audit file you want to import.
- You should have an audit file created with a country specific accounting software.
- Select the correct extension (*.xml or *.*) to show the file on disk.
Banana will create a in memory new accounting file and import all the data. Depending on the size of the audit file, after some time, you will see all the data in the Transactions and Accounting table.
Once the data is converted you can save the file and access the data later at any time without the need to convert.
In order to import all the data you need the Advanced Plan. With the free plan or professional plan only 70 transactions will be imported.
See how the SAF-T Reader work
If you don't have any audit file and you want to see how the SAF-T Reader work, we make available some test file you can experiment with.
- Download a test file
- Install the audit file country specific import extension.
- Proceed as explained above.
Each country has their own specification that is usually a derivation of the OECD SAF-T 2.0 standard.
Currently Banana Accounting has import extensions for this SAF-T format:
- Austria Audit File Export
- Nederland Audit File format version 3.2.
- Norwegian Audit File format.
Other file import
There are also extensions that import data from other country specific file types.
- German DATEV
- Import accounts
- Import transactions
- Electronic invoices Italy
It allows to import customer's invoice from a XML files (Cassetto fiscale).
In order to import the content of this kind of file you should proceed as explained before under import in existing files.
Structure of the accounting data in Banana
In Banana is a flexible accounting software based on the double entry accounting method. The SAF-T reader recreate a complete accounting file. In Banana Accounting the data is contained in tables that are like Excel sheets.
- Accounts table.
It contains the account plan, including:
- The general ledger accounts
- The customers and suppliers accounts with address.
- The groups and grouping structure that form the Balance sheet and Profit & Loss statements.
- The opening balance and current balance calculated based on the transactions.
- Transactions table
It contains all the journal movements including the VAT information.
View and analyze the accounting data
Once the SAF-T data is loaded in Banana, you can view the content and use the accounting specific commands. Here are some suggestion on the use the converted accounting data. Kindly let us know if you have any feedback or suggestion on getting the max out of your accounting data.
View the content
- Scroll the Transactions and Accounts tables.
- The Data->Find command let you search for any text.
- The Data->Extract command to filter and sort content.
See graphic trend
- Select the Charts window.
- Select the account or group you are interested in seeing the graphical performance of.
Copy and paste to Excel
- Select the cell of the table you want to copy and paste in Excel.
- Select the rows and use the command Edit->Copy rows and when pasting in Excel you will also have the column header, for simple filtering.
Print or export
- Preview and print the content of the table or any reports.
- Export to pdf, html or any other format.
The conversion process recreates a complete accounting file. So, you can use all the double entry reporting functionalities, like:
- The Actions->Account card give you the reconstructed card with all the transactions of any account or group.
- Within the Accounts table you have the recalculate balance of each accounts and groups that form the Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss Statement.
- With Reports->Advanced Balance Sheet with groups, you can print and customize the balance sheet and profit and loss statement. You can also have reporting by periods.
- With Reports->Accounting report you get the data in table format, for period or other parameters.
Adding comments or other information
Once you have the SAF-T data in the accounting file you can add other information.
- Make the column Notes visible.
- Use Cost centers columns to group transactions.
- Add any other column you need.
- Add a linked table for further categorisation.
- Mark the lines with colors to quickly retrieve some transactions.
- Select and extract data.
- Use the Banana Accounting API for
- Create any type of reports.
Organizing files of more years
If you have to do analysis on more than one account years it make sense to save the data in the Banana Accounting and connect the file of the previous year. Later you quickly open the files and create reports with data of multiple years.
- Convert the SAF-T to Banana Accounting and save the file.
- Set the file of the previous year.
You can also import the SAF-T in an existing accounting file.
- Open your accounting file.
- Import file
- Install and select the import extension for the specific country.
The SAF-T Reader is a new product. We welcome any feedback on how to improve it or to provide extensions that could make auditing and analytics more easy.
Kindly contact our costumer service specifying "audit file" and the country extension you are using. Also briefly indicate your question or suggestion.