Banana Accounting+ allows you to use the scanner to read QR-Codes to generate transactions or payments. The scanner must send data as a keyboard, like a USB-Scanner with "RAW via keyboard simulation" configuration.
If you are a scanner manufacturer or a user and want to test your scanner with banana accounting+, please follow these steps:
- Download the latest version of Banana Accounting Dev-Channel
- Activate Banana Accounting software with an Advanced License Key.
If you don’t have one you can ask our support team
- Connect your scanner, usually to an USB port of your computer
- Download and open the sample accounting file accounting_2023.ac2
- Select the command Reports -> Suppliers -> Scan QR Code...
If you don't see this command check if you are using the Dev Channel Version (Step 1) and you have activated the Advanced License key (step 2).
- Clic on the window Scan code and scan the code with your scanner.
Be aware that the window must have the focus
- Click on Finish and a new row with the payment data will be added to the table transaction
- Select this row and double-clic on the Payment Data column
- The dialog Payment data will show all the data from your QR-Code
If characters are not read correctly, such as accents or carriage returns, you need to configure your scanner. Please download and read the reference guide of your scanner