Download Banana 7.0.6
|Ubuntu 12.04+||.deb||64-bit||32-bit||(24 MB)|
|OpenSUSE 12.2+ *)||.rpm||64-bit||32-bit||(24 MB)|
Other Linux distributions
|Debian stable||.deb||64-bit||32-bit||(24 MB)|
|Mint 14+||.deb||Use .deb for Ubuntu 12.04|
|CentOS 6.3+||.rpm||Use .rpm for OpenSUSE 12.2|
|Fedora 17+||.rpm||Use .rpm for OpenSUSE 12.2|
|Red Hat EL 6||64-bit||32-bit||(24 MB)|
Notes about the distributions
The function "Send file via email ..." doesn't work when using Thunderbird as default e-mail program. In these cases, open the folder that contains the accounting file and attach the file manually.
- A message regarding a compatibility problem with the Banana installation package will appear.
Just continue with the installation. This message has no influence at all on the correct functioning of Banana.
- If the format of dates or amounts is wrong, add the following line to the file ~/.profile
- Ubuntu 12.04 or more recent, OpenSUSE 12.2 or more recent,
other distributions partially supported
- Dependencies: libc6 (>= 2.15), libstdc++6 (>= 3.4.15), libfontconfig1, libglib2.0-0, libgtk2.0-0, libpng12-0
- 150 MB of disk space
- Internet connection to access the Help function of the program
The installation process is very simple:
- download our latest version of Banana Accounting for Linux as indicated above
- double click on the donwloaded package in order to start the installation process - Check out our step by step installation page
- during the installation process you will be asked to enter the license key, which must be purchased - Purchase the license key
Without entering the license key the program works in a Starter Edition mode, which allows you to use all features up to 70 transactions.
- The indicated disk space requirement depends on the amount of transactions and accounts used in the accounting file. 150 MB is an average space for an accounting file with 200 accounts and 2000 transactions.
- Files created with Banana Accounting for Linux are compatible and interchangeable with Banana for Windows, Mac or Android.
- There is no limitation to the number of files.
- The software is a single user program, just like Excel. Only one person at a time can edit a file.