- Supported systems: Mac OSX 64 Bit, Versions 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11 "El Capitan"
- Not supported: OSX 32 Bit, iOS and IPad
- Not supported: MacOS Sierra (10.12); there are compatibility issues due to new requirements imposed by MacOS.
Keep the previous version of the OS, or if you install MacOS Sierra, update Banana Accounting to version 8.
- Intel processor
(PowerPC processors are not supported)
- 150 MB of disk space
- Internet connection to access the Help function of the program.
The installation process is thus very simple and no need of using emulator software.
100% of compatibility in exchanging files with Banana Accounting for Windows and with previous versions.
In order to proceed with the installation, follow these steps:
- download our latest version of Banana Accounting for Mac from our Download page
- double click on the donwloaded file in order to start the installation process - Check out our step by step installation page
If you don't enter the license key the program will work in the Starter Edition mode, that will allow you to use all features up to 70 transactions.
- The indicated disk space requirement depends on the amount of transactions and accounts used in the accounting file. 150 MB is an average space for an accounting file with 200 accounts and 2000 transactions.
- Files created with Banana Accounting for Mac are compatible and interchangeable with Banana for Windows, Linux or Android.
- There is no limitation to the number of files.
- The software is a single user program, just like Excel. Only one person at a time can edit a file.
So you can have a high level user experience
It's our desire that Banana Accounting offers a high level user experience to our Mac clients and that Banana remains compatible with the newest versions of the Operational System and the latest improvements introduced by Apple.
In the future, we also wish to offer an IOS version, so that people can access their accounting data even from their Ipad.
Banana Accounting has very affordable prices. Maintaining a high level and further developing Banana Accounting for a Mac environment is very challenging. This is the reason why the price of the Mac version is slightly higher than the one of the Windows version.
We are sorry about this price difference, but we believe that our users sustain our pricing policy through which we can offer a very useful product of the highest level.