Position or name changes
From Banana 6 to Banana 7 some functions changed their names:
- Data can be edited directly in the table cell (just like in Excel)
- With a double-click you go in the cell editing mode.
In order to open an account card or to access the Extract rows command, instead of the double-click you can use:
- Alt + mouse click
- Right mouse click (opens the menu)
- A mouse click on the little blue arrow next to the account number (cell top left corner)
- The Messages window has been moved in the lower corner of the screen, next to the Info window.
The Messages window can be reached by clicking on the correspondent table.
- The Views list has been moved to the top of the screen, just below the tables list.
- When scrolling the vertical bar, the table content now immediately scrolls too.
- In the transactions, the indication of the date and the document are not shown any more.
- In Banana 7 it is possible to update the account card (see refresh button on the top right corner); in Banana Accounting 6 it was necessary to give the command again.
- When printing or when viewing the print preview, it is now possible to only print a selection of rows.
In the print dialog window, it is possible to choose if printing everything or just a selection (only in Banana 7 for Windows).
- In the Date column, by entering the “.” symbol, the program automatically enters the date of the day.
- Simple Accounting -> has been changed into -> Income & Expense accounting
- The Cash1, Simple1, Cash2 and Simple2 menus have been substituted by the Account1 and Account2 menus
- Accounts by period -> has been changed into -> Accounting Report
- Export file in pdf -> has been changed into -> Create Pdf dossier
- In some functions, such as the Enhanced Balance sheet, ... a new submenu called "Compositions" has been created in order to recall saved personal settings (in Banana 6 they were called Favorites).
- In the Help menu "Keyboard Shortcuts", you find the list of key-combinations and the commands that are associated with them.
File management and -exchange
Once Banana 7 has been installed, you can launch the program and open the accounting files that have been created with Banana Accounting 5 or 6. These files can be opened, edited and saved with version 7 as well as with your earlier versions (5 and 6) of Banana Accounting.
If the program is installed without license key, Banana operates in the Starter Edition mode. This allows the user to use all features and to save a file with no more than 70 transactions
- In order to use version 7 in the complete mode, you need to buy the (update) license key.
- An Update Version is the normal version at a Preferential price. It can equally be installed on a computer that doesn't have a previous Banana version installed.
- The license keys are specifically for one single operating system (Windows and Mac); if you want to use the program on both Mac and Windows, a Twin license (Mac and Windows) needs to be bought; in that case, two license key will be issued.
- In the Starter Edition mode, the Cash book is also limited to 70 transactions.
Version for Mac
In order to avoid conflicts with the keys used by the Apple operating system, the function keys F4, F5, F6 of Windows have become CMd+4, Cmd+5, Cmd+6 under Mac.
Importing bank statements
Banana 7 provides various import filters that can be downloaded from our internet site.
To import the bank statements / update the filters, you need to:
- select the Import to accounting command of the Account1 menu -> Import transactions
- click on the Manage filters button to see all the available filters
- click on the Update filters
- enable the desired filters by selecting them and clicking on the Enable filters button
Importing Postfinance Xml file
Banana 7 imports bank statements using the new XML ISO 20022 standard. The Postfinance supplies this format when requested by the customer. It is therefore necessary to ask your Postfinance consultant to change the format and switch to the ISO 20022.
- Business clients of the Postfinance can ask to have the Pfd as well as the ISO 20022 format.
- If you wish to import old XML Postfinance files, use Banana 6. You can, without a problem, open your accounting in Banana 6, proceed with the import operation, save the file and reopen it in Banana 7.
Contrary to the earlier versions, Banana 7 automatically calculates the other values when the amount in foreign currency, the exchange rate or the amount in basic currency has been modified, and this without using the F6 key.
Swiss VAT Report
In order to obtain the quarterly VAT report, ready for the official form, proceed as follows:
- Account 1 Menu -> Swiss VAT report -> choose the desired method (effective or flat rate) -> specify the desired period
- Starting with version 7.02 of Banana accounting , the VAT report will also be available for those who are submitted to the flat rate method.
Enhanced Balance Sheet with Groups
In the Enhanced Balance sheet with Groups, in the Previous Year column, the balances that have been carried forward from the previous year's file are being displayed. If, in the Options tab of the File and Accounting Properties dialog window, no previous year's file has been indicated, then the balances will be carried forward from the Prior column of the Accounts table.
No longer supported functions:
- DDE connections