To use the Time sheet, Banana Accounting+ has to be be downloaded and installed. In the free version, the Time sheet is in unrestricted mode.
For a quick and easy start of the Time sheet, we recommend opening one of our templates.
Banana Accounting includes three types of template with preset columns:
- Systematic records - the start and end times of work are indicated, as generally required by law.
- Simplified registrations - enter the daily hours worked (with due hours setting).
- Hourly wages - the daily hours worked are indicated (without setting hours due).
Setting up your Time Sheet file
Proceed as follows to set up your file:
- File menu → New
- Select the Region/Language
- Select the Category -> All or Other
- In the Search area, type Time Sheet, or activate under Type -> Time Sheet. The program displays the available templates.
- In the section on the right, select the desired template.
- By double clicking on the name of the selected template or on the Create button, the program will directly open the file.
- Save the file under a new name.
Setting up your data
- Set up your own data from the File menu -> File and accounting properties (Basic data) -> Time Sheet .
- Enter your first and last name, start and end date, work percentage of work and other required data if available.
Set working hours as per contract
- Set the weekly working time via the File → File and accounting properties → Start .
- The cells of the Report are intended for unpaid hours of work and for hours of unused holidays carried over from the previous year.
- Enter working hours for each day and define working days, festive days and holidays. These settings are displayed in the Journal table.
Recording work time
In the Journal table you enter the daily data, the time of start and end of work, the hours of absence due to illness, holidays and leave. The data can be modified and entered as required.
- Write down the hours of vacation you are entitled to in the current year.
- Include, edit, add, personalize any holiday if needed.
- Enter your daily hours of work, sickness, vacation, etc.
- The first row of the Report shows the hours of holidays not taken from the previous year, present in the Start dialog.
- In the Start row of the first day of the month, you enter the hours of annual holidays to which you are entitled, as per contract.
- Non-working days are distinguished in blue, while holidays are in red.
- The program calculates on the basis of the data entered, the daily and monthly totals of the Due, the difference between the hours worked and those due and the progressive.
- In the window below, the balances of the weekly hours due and worked and the balance of the holiday hours are reported automatically.
Printing your end of month report
Using the Reports → Monthly Report... command, the program calculates and displays a summary report of the selected period with the main columns to be used.
For more detailed information and specific examples of the Time sheet application, please refer to the following pages:
- Time Sheet
- Setting up the file
- Journal table
- Enter working hours
- Managing project hours