Holidays are designated in hours and are entered in the Holiday column of the Journal.
Holidays carried forward
The value is indicated automatically in the Carry forward row of the Holiday column.
Paid holidays or paid leaves, as defined by contract
If some holidays are already included in your schedules :
- Indicate the number of hours of paid holiday in the Start year (for example, Start 2020) initial row.
- Enter the number of paid holiday hours, as per your contract, in the Holiday column. (ex. for 20 days of 8 hours, enter 160, or 80 hours in case you would work part-time at 50%).
- Paid leave days, considered as holidays:
Enter the amount of hours you are entitled to (days x daily hours) in the Start Month row .
Setting up holidays and paid leaves
The start rows are used to indicate the number of holidays granted in hours and minutes. You may indicate the holidays either in the Start year or in the Start month row.
If a person is entitled to 4 weeks of holidays and works 40 hours a week: 40 * 4 = 160. This value will be indicated in the Start year row.
If the hours of allocated holidays changes during the year, enter the number of hours as plus or minus (negative sign) in the available Start month row, Holiday column.
The Holiday column is also used to indicate paid leaves.
Completed and paid holidays
Completed or paid hours of holidays are indicated In the Holiday column of the daily rows.
The hours of remaining holidays is indicated in the Total row and calculated automatically.
When holidays are paid:
- In the start row of the following month enter the vacation hours paid with a negative sign.
- For example, indicate "Payment Holidays" in the Notes column.
Changes during the year
If working hours are changed during the year or there are any interruptions that change the holiday hours, these must be calculated and changed manually.
Plus or minus differences can be entered in the line at the beginning of the month where the change occurs.