Donations statement for associations
Banana Accounting allows you to create donations statements for Associations in a very simple and fast way, without the need for external tools such as Word.
Get started with this extension
A donation statement is the proof of a donation that is voluntarily donated to an association. This association must release a statement certifying the receipt of the donation.
With this BananaApp you can create a donation statement for donors registered in Banana Accounting (using the cost center CC3).
Banana Accounting example files are also available:
Installation and usage of the App
- Install Banana Accounting (version 9.0.5 and above).
- Install the BananaApp Donations statement for associations (visit the Manage Apps documentation).
- Once installed, the App is visible and ready to be used from the menu Apps.
How to create a statement of donation
- Insert all the Association's data on the address tab of the accounting file.
- From the Menu Apps select the Donations statement for associations App.
- Insert a period in the dialog window.
- Complete the dialog fileds and click Ok.
To enter the data, double-click in the 'Value' column field.
- Insert account member (empty = print all)
- Insert an individual account (e.g. "10001").
- Insert multiple accounts separated by a "," (e.g. "10001,10002,10005").
- Let empty to print a donation statement for all the registered members.
- Minimum amount of the donation: accounts with balance below this amount are not included. Default value is "1.00" (e.g. accounts with zero balance are excluded). Insert "0.00" to include accounts with zero balance.
- Use standard texts: check the box to use the default texts (any personal texts will be overwritten).
- Title (optional): insert the subject of the letter.
- Text 1 (optional): insert the text of the first paragraph.
- Text 2 (optional): insert the text of the second paragraph.
- Text 3 (optional): insert the text of the third paragraph.
- Text 4 (optional): insert the text of the fourth paragraph.
- Include donation details: check the box to include a summary table of donations.
For all texts:
You can mark one or more words or even the full text in bold.
To get the desired word in bold, enter it in double asterisks (e.g. **word**).
To get the full text in bold, insert two asterisks at the beginning of the text (e.g. **text...).
If the following values (in english) are inserted in the text lines, they will be replaced by the corresponding values (e.g. <Account> is replaced with 10001):
<Period>: selected period
<Account>: account of the member
<FirstName>: name of the member
<FamilyName>: surname of the member
<Address>: address of the member
<StartDate>: start date of the selected period
<EndDate>: end date of selected period
<Amount>: amount of donations.
- Signature: insert the name and surname of the person issuing the statement.
- Location and date: insert location and date of the statement issue.
- Signature with image: check the box to use an image as signature.
- Image: insert the image to be used. There are two possible ways to do this:
- documents:<id_name>: to use an image saved in the Documents Table, where <id_name> represents the name entered in the ID column of the table (e.g. "documents:signature") ; or
- file:document/<image_name>: to use an image saved outside Banana, but in the same folder as the .ac2 file. Also indicate the extension of the image .png or .jpg (e.g. "file:document/signature.png").
- Image height (mm): change the height of the image to resize it. The height is in millimeters.
- Logo: include the logo in the header. The logo is defined with the command File → Logo setup.
- Logo name: enter the name of the logo composition to be used.
- Font type: define the type of the font. Default type is "Helvetica".
- Font size: define the size of the font. Default size is "10".
The data entered are used to generate the report, which you can then save and print.
Example of statement:
Example of statement with details: