Currently there are 3 methods to install Banana Accounting 9 on Linux
- Complete installation, in this way Banana is fully integrated into the operating system.
- Through the AppImage package, simply download and run Banana.
- You can download the compressed package in tgz format, for other types of custom installation.
With this procedure, Banana Accounting 9 will be copied to the /opt/banana9 folder, registered in the system and associated with the .ac2 files.
Open a Terminal window (Shell, Konsole) and execute the following commands:
DO NOT RUN AS SUDO
mkdir ban9 && tar -xzf banana9.tgz -C ban9
At this point Banana is already installed and ready to operate.
Need more help installing Banana for Linux? Watch this Video tutorial
- Download the package
- We reccommend to save the package under $HOME/.local/bin or $HOME/bin
- Make the package executable
- Right click the package and select Properties
- Under the tab Permisssion activate the option "Allow execution ..."
- Confirm the change with Ok
- Start the application with a double click on the package
- Insert and save the license key in order to enable the complete mode
To uninstall the program, simply delete the package.
- Download the .tgz package
- Extract the .tgz package
- Run the file start_Banana.sh
- In order to enable the complete mode, insert and save the license key.
To uninstall the program remove the folder containing Banana9. Be careful not to delete user data!