The best way to install Banana Accounting for Linux is via the App Store for Linux: Snapcraft.
On Ubuntu, just select Ubuntu Software, search for "banana", select Banana Accounting and click on the "Install" button.
The Snapcraft store can be used on various Linux distributions, including OpenSUSE and Mint.
Here you find how to use Snapcraft on your favorite distribution.
By downloading the program, you accept the user license conditions.
Download the application, make it executable, and run! No need to install. No system libraries or system preferences are altered.
- Download the package
- Make the package executable
- Right click the package and select Properties
- Under the tab Permission activate the option "Allow execution ..."
- Confirm the change with Ok
- Start the application with a double click on the package
For those who need it...
- Download the .tgz package
- Extract the .tgz package
- Run the file start_Banana.sh
The .tgz package contains the script install-banana.sh. When you execute it, Banana Accounting 9 will be copied to the /opt/banana9 folder, registered in the system and associated with the .ac2 files.