ISO 20022 is an international standard for the transmission of financial data.
The CAMT category regroups the formats used for the account statement, reporting of account transactions and account balance confirmation:
- camt052: Account Reporting
- camt053 (including version 4): Account Statement
- camt054: Credit / Debit Notification
Preview the ISO-20022 file
Banana. offers the possibility to preview contents of a camt file.
Data importing into the current accounting
Proceed as indicated with the Import into accounting ( Account1 menu) command.
Compressed files can also be opened with this function. In this case, the program will prompt the user to select the file from which to import the data of the compressed file.
Technical notes on converting ISO 20022 files
Banana, when reading the file, tries to adapt itself to the ways in which the ISO 20022 file has been prearranged.
- Reads as opening balance the similar encodings
- Reads as closing balance the similar encodings
All contents are read and converted into transactions
- Transaction date (Date)
- Valuta date
- Transaction amount (positive or negative)
- Description (Banana - for now - displays the various descriptions as a single text)
In the future, it will be possible to extract this information on a distinctive basis and indicate the columns where to allocate data.
- Distinction of transactions between one single and detailed lines.
For transactions that are to be detailed, there will be a row for the sum and separate rows for the singular transactions that will constitute the total.
Specifications for the use of ISO 20022 have been issued for the Swiss banking system.
Formats have been standardised as follows:
- camt053: Account Statement, with detailed transactions.
This is the file that your bank should provide, specifying that it does also include payments received.
A summary file (without any details) might be asked for, in which case camt054 form will also have to be requested, detailing the receipts.
Transactions detailed by type (such as bills payments received for bills issued).
If detailed cash receipts are required, the bank will provide the dates in a camt054 file (as a substitute for V11).
This results in two files:
- camt053 file (Account Statement) with the several payments and the daily total of cashed bills, which details are contained in the camt054 file.
- camt054 file, detailing all transactions for cashed bills with their reference number.
- camt052: Account Reporting.
Is only used in special situations, to monitor transactions for a specific day.