What is a template?
The template is a normal Banana Accounting file (.ac2 extension) with all elements already set up so that you can start working immediately.
Any accounting file can serve as a template, but the templates provided are set to be easily tailored to your needs.
The accounting template file contains:
- The basic file properties set with the currency and the headers.
If there is the text "#KEEPORIGINALDATES" in the left or right header when a new file is created from the template the current year date is not put as the start and end date.
Once the new file is created the "#KEEPORIGINALDATES" is deleted.
- The chart of accounts
- Accounts, groups, subgroups are set so that you can immediately print the Balance sheet and the Profit & Loss statement.
- possible cost centers and segments
- For accounting files with VAT, the VAT codes are grouped and setup with the current VAT rates.
- In some templates there are some transaction examples that need to be deleted when you start your own accounting work.
Personalize your template
- Save the template file on your computer, in the folder you prefer, with your own name and (usually) the accounting year.
- Adapt the template to your own needs and start entering your own transactions.
- Enter the file basic data (File & accounting properties from the File menu)
- Adapt your accounting plan
- Enter your transactions
Some templates already have, in the Transactions table, some sample transactions: you need to delete them (Delete rows command from the Edit menu).
We advise you to scroll down all available templates before choosing the best one for you.
- Not all templates have a full description yet
- The templates list is regularly updated and integrated.
- Search text
If you enter a search key all templates containing that text either in their title or description will be shown.
The language used to create the template.
List of available regions.
- Other regions
Templates created for a region not included in the countries list
Templates with a generic model, can be used in different regions (for example the accounting management of a project)
Templates that are not limited to one of the listed categories (for example the accounting management of a project).
Templates created for a category not included in the categories list.
- Specific category
Templates created for a specific category. The allocation is not always precise.