Download and open the file with Banana
There are different ways to download the file, depending of what internet browser you are using.
- Click on the file link
- With the mouse right click choose the Save file command from the menu that appears
- Open Banana and drag the file or the file link into it.
Save the file with a name
Once you have opend the template with Banana you need to use the Save as command from the File menu
- Chose the destination folder
- It can be useful to create a separate folder for each year so you can also store there other documents related to that year.
- Chose a file name containing the company name and the accounting year, for example smith_company_2017
- The software will add the .ac2 extention, typical for the Banana files
Adapt the template
- Edit the File properties
- You can now adapt your chart of accounts
- Enter your bank accounts
- Enter or edit the chart of account to fit it to your needs
You will still be able to add or edit it as you work, if new needs arise.
- If you are taking over an existing accounting file, you will also need to enter the opening balances in the Opening column.
- If you are working in a multicurrency file, you need to update the opening exchange rates.