Recurring Transactions table
In order to avoid rewriting always the same texts, it is possible to store transaction groups in the Recurring transactions table (Account2 menu). These groups are identified with a code and can be retrieved and entered into the Transactions table just by entering the corresponding code.
When positioned on the Doc column of the Transactions table, the program proposes the list of the recurring transactions, grouped bycode. If one of these codes is selected:
- the program enters the recurring rows that have the same code
- the program completes the entered rows with the date and other values that have been entered earlier
- the program enters the progressif number in the Doc column (based on earlier entered values)
Entering recurring transactions
- You need to enter into the Recurring transactions table (or copy from the Transactions table) the transaction rows that should be retrieved regurlarly.
- Enter the code related to the recurring transactions group into the Doc column.
Rows with the same group code will be retrieved together (transaction on multiple rows).
- Progressive numbering of documents "docnum"
If, when retrieving recurring transactions, you wish to have a Doc number different from the automatic one, you need to create a row containing the code "docnum" in the Doc column, and your desired text in the Description column. For the following rows, the text specified in the Description column, will be applied in the Doc column when retrieving the transactions
- "0" when no automatic numberting is desired
- "1" progressive numbering
- "cash-1" progressive numbering with the prefix "cash-" (cash-2, cash-3)
The program replaces the number indicated at the end of the text with the next progressive number.
- If you wish the program to suggest just one row per code, the description has to be preceded by:
- An "*": displays just this row and not the others with the same code.
- An "**" displays just this row, but don't retrieve this row (only title row).
- An "\*" allows the user to start the description with an asterisk, without it being interpretated as a command.
It is not possible to save customized setups in the Recurring transactions table; it uses the views and columns setup of the Transactions table.
Retrieving the recurring transactions into the Transactions table
- Enter the date and the information of the other columns that should not be modified
- In the Doc column, choose one of the codes defined in the Recurring Transactions table and press Enter.
- The program enters all the transactions with the same code, repeating the data column and other already entered values.
- In the Doc column, a progressive number is being inserted or one as specified in the docnum
- Or indicate the code in the Doc column and press F6
Copying transaction rows into the Recurring Transactions table
In order to copy rows from the Transactions table into the Recurring transactions table:
- In the Transactions table, select the rows that need to be copied;
- Edit menu -> Copy rows command;
- Go into the Recurring transactions table;
- Edit menu -> Insert copied rows command;